BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...

I'm new here, and have a few general questions.

We're thinking of moving from Manitoba to the Vancouver Island (likely the Parksville area), however I would definitely miss Walleye fishing if we moved.

I've noticed there are quite a few freshwater lakes on the Island, so was wondering if there are any walleye in these waters. What kind of freshwater fish can I expect in these lakes? Is the fishing very active on these lakes?

Any advice of direction to find this information is greatly appreciated.

· Registered
76 Posts
we moved here from saskatchewan a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to miss the walleyes too...until I discovered trout fishing

I don't know much about Vancouver Island lakes but you should definitely try trout fishing and if possible fly fishing its a blast :thumbup:

cheers :cheers:

· Registered
1,484 Posts
As bronjuan said, there are no walleye on the Island. My main point is, don't be deceived by the number of lakes on the Island, as many of them (almost 100) are on land owned by the logging companies and are off limits.

Trout fishing is above excellent in many of the accessible lakes, and of course various types of salmon in the rivers/streams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.