BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I came across a boat while surfing on the web...ARIMA BOAT... I just was amazed by the design, hull ,quality & all the specs. They come in various models from 15 to 22 feet. If you want a super stable boat light weight wide beam & 15 ft that would be super for fishing all BC lakes the Sea Sprinter or Sea Hunter is the perfect boat. Actually it can be used in local chuck on calmer days with no problem. The Sea Explorer is only 15ft 11" but has a cuddy that easily sleeps two people!!! Also has a wide beam 7ft 6" !!! This is the boat we have which I bought in Everett Wa. at BOAT COUNTRY Boat Sales. It was on consignment... sold for $9000. Great shape 60hp oil injection on an excellent trailer. For boaters that want to be safe in the salt I'd sujj going for the 19 21 0r 22 fter. The 22 ft has scrubbers & can take on the nasty ocean weather... As they are strong but still light weight one has to slow up in the chop... They are not a deep v so just slow down in waves but the trade off is ok as it's so stable. There's good deals on the internet right now. Check out Seattle craigslist boats type in arima & double click on search button ... 6 to 15 Arima s should pop up this time of year. Some are super deals. They have been built in the Seattle area for 25 yrs aprox. Also try craigslist Bellingham. I know there are alot of quality boats out there to buy for our BC waters Double Eagle Hourston Campion on & on...THEY ARE GREAT BOATS. Nevertheless I am sold on these Arima s that's for sure. There's 2 places one can buy them in BC brand new... Arima is also coming out with new Sea Sprinters & Sea Hunters 15fters that are a more affortable or cheaper model which will fit into a more budget minded buyer which will cut 1000's off the price !!! They will still sell the deluxe model Sprinter & Sea Hunter but at the regular price... But they are a boat that are just A-1 for interior lakes so check them out on the web...on ARIMA OWNERS WEBSITE there is a pics section or ya can go to the ARIMA BOAT site for lots of the dif. models etc... Remember they are a safe boat but also quite light so lighter means gas savings !!! Put a 4hp kicker on the 15 to 17 ft Arima & you can troll ALL DAY barely using any gas at all !!! Some members on this site have Arimas & more & more BC fishermen are buying them. PS No I do not have stock in the company just want to share a good boat that's out there. For the 15 ft a 50 hp even 40 is ok... 16 to 17ft 60 70hp 19 21 ft 90 to 115 hp 22ft 115 to ? On our 16ft I took out the gas tank & just use portables & we get away with a 40 hp 4 stroke Yamaha..."put on the 40hp as we had this motor already...sold the 60hp Merc with the other boat we had... We plane out nicely at 16mph & cruise at 17 18 mph. For us it's ok as we just boat local waters.

· Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
abbyfireguy & Sea Chaser Hi EQ Marine is a quality outfit for sure. In the past shared a few e-mails with Les Lampman. He also has some good info write ups on the Arima boats on his site that you mentioned. You are right ...good deals to be had at EQ & also Seattle craigslist. Sea Chaser you are quite right. We got a great 1996 Arima in super shape for $9000 !!! Also lots of space ...our boat is less than 16ft ...well by 1 inch but has a 7ft 6in beam!!!!! Hull design that enables the boat to be so so stable. The custom border guards [Canada] kinda gave me the feeling that they thought I was lying about the price. I assume you have an Arima Sea Chaser. Today we were out & had the top sides & back curtain up & we fished in comfort!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.