BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we haven't seen this in a while

Two of us caught 3 sockeye lost 1, on the low tide inside of active pass this morning. saw another boat catch 5 in the same time, another boat lost 1. not much activity but we were on the good end of it and nice to be so close to home.

a lot of fish jumping of the pender bluffs also but not biting thursday eve.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the report Firelight:)! I'll tell my buddy as he was just talking about trying it out the other day.

:cheers:
Sculpin

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Have friends who have places just around the ferry on Mayne and one on Wise Island just outside of Montague. Both have mentioned that there are fish all over the place jumping through Active and up Trinconmali Channel.

I am hoping to give it a whirl possibly this weekend.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have friends who have places just around the ferry on Mayne and one on Wise Island just outside of Montague. Both have mentioned that there are fish all over the place jumping through Active and up Trinconmali Channel.

I am hoping to give it a whirl possibly this weekend.
Yep they are jumping all over that area, what was also jumping at first light this morning was about 50 freaking orcas. You could see them blowing and jumping all the way from village bay right into the pass. That seemed to kill the early bite. The next shot was the low at 11, by that time there were fish jumping all around again. Rods popped twice and no hookup, and one bite but no stick. We ended up with none, guy near us got two. The day before same low tide some clients got seven.

Low tide. Green flasher. Pink hootchie. 40ish feet.

Tides are weird this weekend.

I think I'm in Renfrew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts