BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed to the mouth of the Capilano River just before sunrise this morning to catch the low tide before work and found the bite was on!

Brought in one Pink and lost a few. Many people were catching them and a few limiting out.
Pink Buzz Bombs and pink spinners seemed to be working, with spinners potentially working best.

I managed to get caught on a snagger's line when she caught a fish from the other side of the river, I gave slack and let her bring in the fish. I guess it got tangled fairly well with her line so she cut me off but kept my last pink buzz bomb... I was expecting her to tie it back on for me so I could get it back but I guess that was too much work. Oh well.

For whatever reason we saw her let a few fish go after snagging them, poor fish, hopefully they will survive their wounds.

Hope you enjoyed this report.
Good luck out there!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shhhhh. ;) Nothing to see here/no fish to be caught..... She probably threw it back because it was a pink/turning and going for cohos. Either way shameful.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think this weekend i'm going to give it a go in the morning!

Don't plan on going any further North (Furry/ Squamish) with the music festival, the traffic will be a nightmare.
I definitely think the recent rain is going to "Stimulate" some movement around the mouths.

Thanks for the update/report.... much appreciated!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lots of people out there this morning. There are certainly fish around, but the pinks are getting stale (lockjaw).
I wasn't watching all the time but I only saw 4 fish caught. None for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of people out there this morning. There are certainly fish around, but the pinks are getting stale (lockjaw).
I wasn't watching all the time but I only saw 4 fish caught. None for me.
Thanks for the update typhoon!
I was debating going this morning but was too tired after a long day yesterday. Only 4 fish, that's a big change from yesterday, probably over 30 were caught in the few hours I was there, quite a few released too.

According to this site, tides4fishing, yesterday had a better solunar activity rating. I'm now looking to see if that stuff can be accurate (I've heard weather conditions will always have the stronger impact though).
The overcast skies of yesterday may have helped.

I'll probably go check it out this weekend even though it may not be as good. Can't catch anything sleeping in at home!

·
Registered
42 Posts
There were way more than 4 fish pulled out today but it was much much slower than yesterday. I landed 2 kept one. Probably saw ~15-30 fish caught between the ~75 guys there. Not a great ratio. Fished from 5:30-8:00ish. Way too many guys for the fishing quality. I guess most guys don't want to battle the Squamish music fest traffic. Fly guys were doing great.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Get there at 4:39 or 4:40 elbow pads and a Helmut.

Just kidding...

Play nice and respect/educate your neighbor.:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts