BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm thinking about heading to Babine Lake in Sept. I'm told the fishing is good up there. Does anyone know anything about this lake, especially during early to mid Sept.
Gman

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Lived on Babine for 6 years, so I know a fair bit. Early to mid September sockeye will be staging at teh mouth of the various streams and rivers emptying into tghe lake. The mouth of the Fulton will be red with them. Egg patgeerns around the mouth will produce some, but this is really a big lake and tghe best bet is large gear, Ford Fender ang trolls with a worm about 12" trailing will produce large (6 lb plus) rainbows. Try trolling around Red Bluff Provincial Park and off the shore from there all the way to the Fulton River mouth. This lake is in the middle of the Lakes District. That name is no joke. Don't be afraid to ask about other lakes in the area (you can't spit without hitting another lake).

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and the info. I'm told there are a couple of hot spots too, namely "Rainbow Alley" and "Idiot Rock or Point". Do you know abou these spots? Also, can your recommend any other lake in the area that is a good fishing candidate for that time of year, early-mid Sept. Happy Canada Day
Gman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.