BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Brief: I didn't win.
Fished out of Bamfield. Everywhere from the Nook up to Beale. Most of our fish came in well out from shore.

Boated 11. Kept 6, and released the rest while waiting for the BIG ONE. The big one is still swimming.
Biggest 16lbs.
Partners didn't do as well; bait just wasn't working on my boat. All except 1 were on hootchies with 1 on a Knight Rider spoon.
Sat was Springs. Sunday was Springs shifting to Coho. Monday mornign was ALL Coho and ended up with 2 hatch out of the 6.

Apparently Swale did well with a few big fish landed there. Diplock was also fishing well (according to the radio).

From our dock, out of about 20 boats, 5-6 had multiple fish each day (my boat was a lucky one), 5-6 had no fish over the weekend. The rest were 1-2/day boats. Seemed like mostly related to experience.

I've already booked for next year. Gonna catch the big one for SURE.

Looking for an experienced partner for next year, and NO Girlfriends on the boat. One came out for a morning this time, got sea sick, and was bad mojo- the only strikout of the trip. Back to the dock and her off the boat, back on the water and into fish as soon as the gear was down.

By the way.
I was a little concerned about the Launch/recovery of the boat being busy/zoo/challenging. I'm not the best at it. But Clutesi had things WELL organized, and it was perhaps the easiest Launch/recovery I've had. I came in early on the Sunday. Weigh in closed at 3 but I was off the water around noon. No wait, well organized, with hands to help out. Beauty.
No highway congestion. Ferry reserved. OH SO Easy, not the nightmare a few had suggested it would be.

BTW
My boat is on SaltSpring for a couple of weeks. So I'm open to invitations out on the local (Vancouver) salt!

Shane

· Banned
2,854 Posts
sounds like a good time all in all. sorry to hear about the "bad mojo" however my girl is always good luck for me when im out fishing, whenever she is there I always get fish :happy:

you got any pics from your trip?

· Registered
24 Posts
Well done Shane. I truely with that I had taken you up on the offer to join in, especially given the fiasco that we had in Ucluelet. Unless my father inlaw decides to get a new boat between now and then, I will be happy to serve as you deckhand/co-pilot. Again, well done.

Paul

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, no pics. None of us have a digital Camera and I forgot to borrow my daughter's.

I've been thinking about getting one, but then out goes another $$$$ on boat upgrades, in$urance, ga$, and an ever expanding inventory of Lure$.

Next year I'm thinking about 2 w/4 rods, vs 3 w/6 rods, with EXPERIENCED fishermen only.

Paul, you're welcome.

First people to confirm will have the spots set. Will be heading over the Friday morning before Labour day, back on Monday Labourday evening.
Oh, with the $10Gs of course!

· Registered
58 Posts
I love fishing that area, I usually stay at the campsite in Grappler inlet next to Bamfield.
long ride out to open water from Nook.
hoping to join the derby for next year as well.
I hear ya on the "EXPERIENCED fishermen only."

I don't guide for friends on derby day, everyone needs to know there roll. hahha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.