BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys/gals,
Well,I've decided there is not enough years left in me to learn how to golf properly so out comes the boat and gear for round 2.lol
I'm planning to go out to Elk Lake in Victoria and troll around. Being summer and the water warm I'll fish deep and hopefully I'll have better luck than I do with a putter. Not sure what I'll be using but have enough stuff to try. Going out Friday after work around 4pm. Any others here fish Elk lake? Any and all tips are appreciated.
I'll report any news.
"oldman".Not sure if 51 years classifies as such,but the way I feel today it fits.

edit..boat is 9 feet not 12 feet. minor brain f*rt.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a great day on the chuck but unfortunately can't tell you about it for another 13 posts. That's fine,rules are rules. Just expect a BIG post when I do as there will be at least 3 more trips in the next week or so. Going to take some well deserved holidays. We took video today of a good catch but you'll have to wait.lol

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Had a great day on the chuck but unfortunately can't tell you about it for another 13 posts. That's fine,rules are rules. Just expect a BIG post when I do as there will be at least 3 more trips in the next week or so. Going to take some well deserved holidays. We took video today of a good catch but you'll have to wait.lol
Sure you can post it up.......just put it in the Freshwater Discussion.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My daughter is going to send it to my mail this weekend as she is away on holidays and can't right now,but just wondering why a salmon catch would be posted in a Freshwater section? Sorry,found my error. I stated in my Victoria Lakes thread from freshwater section that I was going to Sooke that day instead,so if you only read this thread you wouldn't know. I'll try to stay on track and post in appropriate threads in the future.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
My daughter is going to send it to my mail this weekend as she is away on holidays and can't right now,but just wondering why a salmon catch would be posted in a Freshwater section?
Ha ha....whoops on my part!! I saw Elk Lake in the first post.......and didn't read the second post quite clearly enough. :eek:

I still post reports and you will see others do in the General Saltwater Discussion; by no means do reports HAVE to be in the corresponding region to where you were fishing. ;)

Some reports I do choose to put in the proper region (as do others) and for me it's mostly because I don't always want everyone on the interent to read it and then race to the same spot I was fishing. In the local Vancouver chuck for example there are no HUGE secrets as to where people fish and where the fish may be at any given time. Those of us who have fished the area have a pretty good idea when to target the various areas; heck if you have a boat you can run out to the mouth of English and on a calm day you can do a "visual" and see where the boats are congregated. ;)

Rick can comment further but the reason for the 20 posts is to get people to contribute and want to become more active on the forum as opposed to the TONS of lurkers who just check in or register and never post. :peace:

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha,was that timing or what?? Must be because of my 2 finger typing.

Cheers, and I'll post the video when I get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts