BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I may be a little late for you on this reply but I have fished badger quite a bit and love the lake. My best suggestion is that if you are finding the fishing slow in the main lake, go through the creek opposite the camp site all the way until you get to a round section with a bit of a camp site on it -- called spoony lake. You can also go through the creek opposite the cabins down the lake. I have always had great luck fishing at about 10 ft of water depth with a leetch. It is only 25' in the middle so a slow troll around the edge should work. Fish aren't huge but 3 lbs are not that uncommon. You will have a great time. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Returned from Badger Lake last Sunday (June 13 - 17). What a great Lake! We camped at the Forestry Site near the end. Tough to hang tarps as the trees were cleared back in '97 due to a fungi, but we made due. We had planned to fish other lakes in the area but couldn't seem to drag ourselves away from this little Gem. Great lake for belly boats and pontoons. The fishing was quite good as all nine of us managed to catch fish every time out. I wouldn't say we were slaying them, but the fishing was steady.
Mayflys were still coming off and nymphs were working quite well - Halfbacks & Hares-ear on a full sink
Wooley buggers / Leetches were effective aswell - Burgundy wolley bugger was very good for me!
I caught my biggest fish on a chironimid 3.1 lbs (brown - bead head) but chironimids were not fishing well that weekend.
Our Derby winner was caught on a Dragon nymph (we call it Arnie) floating line 3.5 lbs

We all were very pleased with the lake and location and will definetely go back!!

It is a shame to see what the pine beetle is doing to our forests, as is evident from view across the lake from our campsite. I can't believe no one has come up with a solution yet?

Cheers
Nickers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.