BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking of heading for a week bonefishing trip to the Bahamas in mid-June and I was hoping for some input. From what I can see, the weather in June is not ideal, but not terrible. Relatively frequent rain showers. I haven't seen any references to wind. Any thoughts on conditions?

I've fished for bonefish twice (Belize with a guide; Florida DIY) with small success. My highest priority would be shots at lots of fish to allow me to develop my skills. Some opportunities for bigger fish would be nice too.

I will probably hire a guide for a day or two, but fish DIY for the rest to keep costs down.

I'll be travelling alone. Fishing is #1 for the trip. However, if there are opportunities for great fishing with a bit of night life, I might consider it (single and in my early 40s).

I've read a bit about various islands, including Exuma, Eutheria, Abacos, Andros, Acklins, Cat, Long, Grand Bahamas, etc.

I'm tempted to go to Acklins. There is a pretty decent deal right now on at a lodge at Salinas point. This includes room, food and daily boat shuttle to the flats. Most of what I've read is about the fishing at the north end of the island, so I'm not sure how good the southern tip is. Lots of mosquitoes is a downside, and no detectable social life (but I guess I could always stay in Nassau for a couple of days on the way back).

I'd like to do this on as much of a shoestring budget as possible. I'm not picky about where I stay, as long as it is reasonably safe.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice (or pointers to info) from experienced gentlemen or ladies out there.

If you've got any better suggestions, feel free to throw those in too.

Thanks for any input.

Ciao

Eric

1 - 1 of 1 Posts