BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy a few weeks back and he kept refering to a pool by the bailey bridge....Now I know the river fairly well, but I am not sure of exactly where this is.... can anyone help me out? I don't normally fish the lower river and can only think of three bridges:
Vedder crossing, the railway, and the canal...am I just calling this bailey bridge by a different name????

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhh thank you! Now one more question....the obvious one: Where exactly is this Keith wilson bridge and what is the water like there???? I just can't picture this bridge at all anywhere in my memory of the lower river....are there any landmarks nearby that I might know which might jar my memory?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
keith wilson bridge is a gong show!!!!!! everyone fights with everyone, and all they do is bottom bounce there i recomend u stay away from it unless u feel like punching someone in the face!!! i speak from experience!!!! mostly americans there as well nuff said!!!! u should see some of the gear used there un fraek'in beleavable!!!! lol this is just me tho! other ppl might find it good fishing but i stay away from that hole!!!!!! p.s. i say this only during coho season check it out if ya don't beleave me!!!

C.K.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
if your on the main drag that runs past FRED's tackle there is a road called KEITH WILSON RD. which is the road at the lights right there at FRED's follow that road down river till you hit a bridge that is the Keith Wilson bridge

there is some excellent fly water there as well as some good float water and one really nice thing about that area is that you can pretty much walk through it ANYWHERE you want

im actually going to be hitting that area with my fly rod on wednesday thursday this week coming. Might even have our fellow FISHFINDER with me to show me some tips and drift techniques on the fly

hope this helps

HOOK

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK that's what I had heard from this guy and immediately decided it is not the place for me, BUT that doesn't solve my problem!!!! I know the vedder really well, and for the life of me cannot think of where this bridge is, and this bothers me, so somebody please help me out here!!!!!
Thx,
rib

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx Hook! I think I know where this is now, this bridge is what I remember to be the canal bridge!!!! It was a one laner when I fished down there last... right? If that's the case, please confirm....
thx again,
Rib

·
Registered
648 Posts
hey guys,
I was just wondering why I never see anyone fishing just south of KW bridge, they always seem to be under, or downstream?

·
Registered
13 Posts
most of the water above the bridge is really shallow for quite a distance. thus the reason so many people fish at KWB because the fishies are pretty much trapped until the water rises. :evil:

·
Registered
517 Posts
first bridge upstream from the highway. a gong show most of the time but time it right and only a few guys'll be there. only fished it a couple of times. beautiful flywater downstream and when the salmon aren't running, there can be some cutthroat fishing there.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Just a word of caution fellas....If you plan on fishing the KW bridge area, then I suggest you get there bright and early...along with a few other lower end meat holes this is a very busy spot...Driving past...the sight reminded me of sockeye season :shock: ..

Finder

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
yes we all like to fish the long deeper MEAT hole that is downstream from the bridge HOWEVER the water above the bridge is great for fly fishing for moving fish after they have left the pool.

sounds like a gong show down there right now

BUT..... i think i'll still put my fly to the test down there wednesday morning

HOOK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the lower river or canel as u will is good water for small cartops in the fall when the water is high! ppl use spoons and spinners for ho's down there!

·
Banned
279 Posts
One Guy got a beauty coho on a spoon while i was there 2 years ago. It was funny because immediately after the whole group of guys switched to A blue scale Koho spoon. This was high water in late september and there were no trapped fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts