BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i will be the first to add to this new addition to topics. i know most of us have had kids or have young kids that require the use of alot of baby wipes, so i have found a way to save myself money being dutch) by turning these baby wipe boxes into bait boxes. i did this because i was tired of throwing out perfectly good bait boxes purchased at tackle shops that i neglected by leaving roe or bugs in and allowing them to spoil in the boxes. ok very simple, take a wipe box clean out with borax and water(borax is a natural soap that with eliminate odours and not leave un wanted odours) then simple cut a slit in the back side of the box wide enough to fit the waist belt that most of us where anyways when fishing the river, then run your belt threw it and you are done. you will want to make sure you cut your slit alittle bit higher then the middle of the box so it sits nice and does not spill over. i know you guys can laugh at this if you like, my buddies did too when i first started doing this 7 years ago but i find they work great and you can even add a divider inside the box to separate baits or just simple carry more bait than your buddies,which means no more extra containers of bait in your vest to pack around. let the jokes begin ;D

·
Registered
789 Posts
Its a good Idea buf your worried about spilling your roe out here is another idead i got from Thrasher on the board

You get a regular bait box, get a 12 inch peice of surgical tubing, drill one hole on the top of your bait near the back of it, and one hole on the bottom of the box near the back, run the surgicle tubing through the 2 holes tie a knott on the top and pull the surgical tubing tight on the bottom, so that there is good tension between the 2 knotts resting on the 2 holes you drilled, that way when ever you open your bait box it will always be tightly closed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
FishFreak said:
Its a good Idea buf your worried about spilling your roe out here is another idead i got from Thrasher on the board

You get a regular bait box, get a 12 inch peice of surgical tubing, drill one hole on the top of your bait near the back of it, and one hole on the bottom of the box near the back, run the surgicle tubing through the 2 holes tie a knott on the top and pull the surgical tubing tight on the bottom, so that there is good tension between the 2 knotts resting on the 2 holes you drilled, that way when ever you open your bait box it will always be tightly closed.
I rigged mine so you can still get the lid off. Drill 2 holes in the back of the box. Run the tubing thru the holes to make a loop. On the lid, drill one hole and get an automotive wire clamp (aluminum with rubber) cut off the top foot of the clamp and file it so it's smooth and then rivet the now rubber coated hook to the lid. Stretch the loop and put it in the hook on the lid. I hope I explained it well enuff. If not, I can take a pic and post it for you.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
finseeker said:
FishFreak said:

I rigged mine so you can still get the lid off. Drill 2 holes in the back of the box. Run the tubing thru the holes to make a loop. On the lid, drill one hole and get an automotive wire clamp (aluminum with rubber) cut off the top foot of the clamp and file it so it's smooth and then rivet the now rubber coated hook to the lid. Stretch the loop and put it in the hook on the lid. I hope I explained it well enuff. If not, I can take a pic and post it for you.
A pic would be good as it will make it easier for some.

·
Registered
148 Posts
BTW!
It's due for a good cleaning!
Another alternative to this method:
FishFreak said:

Drill 2 holes in the lid, allow enuff room for your scissors between the holes. Tie the knot in the tubing on the inside of the lid and run it thru the other hole back down into the box. Tie a knot in the back of the box and you have a tool holder also!
:beerchug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.