BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
I got a good spring in the harbour once using a dark sparkly one on a dark day. I smeared it with power bait to stink it up (and hide the hopps & lager smells) and towed it 6 ft behind a dodger with a 3 hook setup. If you want to enjoy fishing that lure you might want to try a wire inside to get a nice looking action going. I've read in forums that some guys use teaser heads.

I like the idea of getting whole head-on chovies (plastic or real) rolling nicely without holders.
Real chovie must be better, but you won't have to change the bait often like real.

· Registered
116 Posts
I've tried it a few times. I used three 5-0 octopus hooks One through the head to tow, one sticking out the side looking deadly in the usual spot, and the third stinger trailing. Seems to roll ok with the front hook up through the bottom of the head slightly off center (and eighth inch to port) and out the top of the head.

Probably best to get some scent on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.