BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any information on the action in the Bamfield area - thinking of working my way up there for a couple of days out of Port Alberni?

·
Registered
1 Posts
fishing picked up monday night,on outer side of islands just out from Bamfield,all 17lb,does.super strong fish

G

·
was fishing diplock this morning, managed to get two, a 32 and a 15.We also released three others around 6-8 lbs.Marked lots of bait but not many fish,the big one had four 7inch pilchards in its stomach.Time to bring out the big plugs!

G

·
I'm not very good at directions,here goes
Leave bamfield as if you were going to fish kirby,instead of turning left towards kirby,turn right towards flemming.As you are heading down stay on the outside of all the islands.Diplock is about one and a half miles before pill point,around a 15-20 minute run.You cant miss it,just look for all the boats.When your fishing there don't overlook holford bay.In another week or two its goin to be on fire! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
just returned from bamfield on saturday fishing was very slow managed to pull a 45 pounder what a fish and a 30 just out of the inlet on the right side heading up to the wall and that was the first sign of bait fish too so if you see bait fish they will be there if not you have to go out to 7 mile or if your crazy out to 23 mile no coho to be seen might be their now though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Interesting - I talked with a guy from Washington state coming off the dock at Port Alberni. He said he was fishing Bamfield for a few days just getting back and got his limit but only by going out to the big water - way out. He advised inside was slow to non-existant.

Wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bamfield Area

:D
Hi: Going to Bamfield Sat. leaving Port Alberni about 5 am. Going to fish our way to Pill Point, Bamfield Wall. But was tould by a Native that why go when they are in the harbor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fished 14 15 16 put in long hours with 2 new fishermen to the chuck and limited out with the springs and picked up a couple of coho. Talked to a lot of people on the dock at Seabeam and most said there is no fish around, on the 16th we were finished by 11am with 4 springs and a coho in the bucket, folks at the dock were coming in with some nice fish so things are heating up.
Fished Kirby, Diplock but mostly at Pill. 25 to 35 in the mornings and 50 100 most of the day with anchovies.
Good luck hope this helps.

Have fun
Sarg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts