BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just to let you know bar fishing has been ...... well ..... in one word ........... AWESOME :!: :!:

My buddy, his wife, and I camped out Friday after work and came home Sunday Afternoon. He had the day off so he set up camp. He got to our spot about 7:00 am and caught his red within an hour after getting there. His wife and I joined him about 6:00 pm Friday night. We threw out the bar rigs and we both had 2 male reds 16 & 21 pounds on the beach within 2 hours.

SOOOOOOO ....... we had a few drinks .... played some crib ....... sat by the fire ...... told some old lies ...... watched the moon come up ........ and then hit the sack about 10:00 pm. Isn't life great???

Got up at 5:30 and threw out the bar rods again ..........1st fish caught at approx. 7:15 am a very nice 16 pound red buck. Caught and released a red doe about 19 pounds about 8:10 am. Then we lost one ..... then another ......... darn it.

Wouldn't you know it ........ things went quiet for quite awhile .... but we figured we'd head home with our prizes and broke camp slowly planning to leave about 3:00 pm. Nothing happening, so at 2:00 we started to put everything else in the boats ..... except our chairs, rods, and tackle boxes.

Wouldn't you know it .... another run came in about 2:45 just before we were going to pack it in .... caught two more reds .... one a silver bullet ...... both males ......... 18 and 24 pounds.

Needless to say we'll be out again tomorrow am ...... will let you know how we do ....

GOFISH 8)

D

·
0 Posts
Sounds awesome, Myself and a few other guys are boating up the fraser for some bar fihsing, as well , should be a good day

G

·
0 Posts
DanielK: You may keep 4 springs per day on which 1 may be over 50cm.

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes thats right Mike ..... and a 2 day possession limit ....... for those who stay out camping overnight. Will post a report for today and some pics of the weekend in a little while ...... just got on the internet a short time ago .......

GOFISH 8)

D

·
0 Posts
I went bar fishing with a few Members from another site and i got this on a new spin and glo that hibs got the other day

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice catch fishfreak ..... I take it that was the fishout at Mountain Bar ... How was the turnout??

Here are some pics from our weekend ...... none of me of course ..... me and a camera lens don't get along. <lol>

But there is a nice night time pic of my boat. :roll:

My bud & his wife, their fish for the day, and their boat ... Hmmmm ..... I think she outfished ya pal ...

Early evening pic of my boat ...

My bud & his wife ...... their takes for the next morning ...... (and I think she outdid ya again) ...

GOFISH 8)

D

·
0 Posts
Nice, we were at the bar neer island 22 it was a good day lots of turnout, we got 4 springs 1 lost and 2 sockeye bar fishing sockeye released of course, another guy we new there worked for fraser river fishing lodge got into i think 4 as well , was an awesome day cant wait till next weekend

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shucks ...... no fishing for me next weekend .....

Daughter is playing in the Womens Fastpitch B.C. Tourney @ Softball City ...... please remember to leave some fish for me the weekend after that ....... okay :?: :?: :cry: :cry:

GOFISH 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Oh man, I'm twitching in excitment now, as I think I know where that spot is :lol: look out now GOFISH haha
(not like we hit that area a lot)

Mike <")))))><

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check you PM's Mike ......... told you where it was (even if you did know) ........ I won't be there this weekend so keep my seat warm for me. <lol>

Goodluck,

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
those are some pretty nice pics.my turn will be coming soon.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
GOFISH those are some nice looking springs! mind if i ask what the hot color spin&glows you were using? just might have to hit the river this weekend andd catch my first fraser spring of the year!

C.K.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No Problem ...

Silver w/green top, Silver w/red top, watermelon, yellow/red, metalic blue w/red top ..... didn't seem to matter Coho Killer. Noise is the biggest factor ..... when selecting your spin 'n' glo pick the ones where the hole is off centre a little ...... just a ritual with me but always gives it more wobble.

Also ..... take a small hole punch and punch a small hole in one of the wings ..... throws the spin off providing more action and noise.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow...

Exciting report GOFISH! I think I've been bar-fishing too far up the Fraser lately. Where would you recommend a shore-angler like me go to catch my first Chinook. I'm not too into huge crowds, and I certainly don't mind a few hours hike if needed. I think it's time to start saving for a trailer and boat.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
why dont you try hitting the vedder thiw weekend 2metirc the sprinds should be rolling in there in good numbers by now i would think

ill be out there this weekend

HOOK

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where do you live 2Metric ...... and what kind of fishing ....... bar or ?????

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will drive anywhere.

I live in Vancouver, but I'm willing to drive as far as Hope any day. I'd like to try bar-fishing with the assortment of spin-n-glos that I recently purchased. I have spreader bars and even 12oz wedge weights if needed. I have various lb test lines to adapt. I'm on my banked 5wks of holidays, so I want to catch some fish before I have to go back to work. I thought maybe I'd try Peg Leg or Hunter Creek tomorrow. Any advice would be sweet!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts