BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
haha i have asked that question many times on this site with no help. I usually try the **** just before peg, theres a spot that you have to walk into but its real short. I dont know any marks to let you know your there other than a decomposed cow that really stinks right befor the opening in the bushes. Hope this helps, oh ya theres no sand bar there right now so you kinda gotta stand on the rocks

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well if you dont mind a decent walk you could walk into Wingdam bar. its in the Deroche area, i grew up fishing here when you could drive in but the farmer that owns the land finally had enough of the garbage left behind by people and all the torched stolen cars :wallbash:

If you need directions i could probably dig them up :confused: If you know where the Deroche boat launch is just keep going down the road to the right until you hit the gate get out and start walking. When we used to go there, there was 3 clearings first was "ok" for fishing but the second (smaller) was better and the huge clearing was the best. I know guys with boats still fish there and its still a decent bar :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Dubz.........There are very few "good" bars to fish without access to some type of watercraft. You don't always need a boat....there are ***** you can walk and roads you can explore and farmers that you could take the time to ask. If you put in a watercraft (with all appropriate safety gear) in the water at Agazziz/Rosedale bridge and have someone pick you up at Island 22 you could spend the entire day fishing all kinds of gravel bars. A drift of this type would take a full day. Don't be afraid to explore....the train tracks also access certain areas, but you must be aware the track police will kick you off if they see you on them....Like Hook said, there used to be some good access, but a few stupid people have spoiled it for the others..................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
HOOK said:
well if you dont mind a decent walk you could walk into Wingdam bar. its in the Deroche area, i grew up fishing here when you could drive in but the farmer that owns the land finally had enough of the garbage left behind by people and all the torched stolen cars :wallbash:

If you need directions i could probably dig them up :confused: If you know where the Deroche boat launch is just keep going down the road to the right until you hit the gate get out and start walking. When we used to go there, there was 3 clearings first was "ok" for fishing but the second (smaller) was better and the huge clearing was the best. I know guys with boats still fish there and its still a decent bar :beerchug:
Unfortunately HOOK the access is closed, posted private property signs on the gate of the **** now as seen by me yesterday. You're SOL now, unless of course you know the owner ;) ;) ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts
fishortho said:
Hey Dubz.........There are very few "good" bars to fish without access to some type of watercraft. You don't always need a boat....there are ***** you can walk and roads you can explore and farmers that you could take the time to ask. If you put in a watercraft (with all appropriate safety gear) in the water at Agazziz/Rosedale bridge and have someone pick you up at Island 22 you could spend the entire day fishing all kinds of gravel bars. A drift of this type would take a full day. Don't be afraid to explore....the train tracks also access certain areas, but you must be aware the track police will kick you off if they see you on them....Like Hook said, there used to be some good access, but a few stupid people have spoiled it for the others..................Ortho 8)
Cool, didnt think about floatin down, when she opens up again i will have to give it a try :peace:

·
Registered
911 Posts
You could try behind Chwk Mtn on old orchard once the water drops and you can get on the jetty, or behind cattermole, there are some access points in the matsqui area that could be worth a try, the end of Gill rd for a few, you'll just have to look a little for them no free secrets here.

CD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.