BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my third trip out to the fraser Barfishing I return once again with no fish. I was wondering how everyone elses luck has been on the Bar Rods? I am not sure if it is where I choose to fish or that the water is still too high and dirty to be really productive. Maybe I should be looking for different areas to fish other than the regular Bars?

Alternantively I am also interested due to another thread how many of you out there have caught and/or seen sockeye caught on the Bar rod?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Dont worry your not the only one in the boat. Spent the late part of spring stocking up on the essentials and a few new toys and have thus far gone 0 for 5, though the average trip has only been a couple hours at a time. I also am intrested in the sockeye reports on the bar rod. In 20 plus years on the river I've never caught one using the big set ups.
Crazy D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I reported yesterday about how I hooked 3 socks perfectly cleanly on the spin 'n' glos on Sunday at Wellington. It was quite ironic as I was taking out two buddies who had never barfished before and told them it was nearly impossible to get Socks on the bar gear...maybe not.

·
Registered
279 Posts
At least you guys have gotten out :thumbup:.... Stupid work has really put the kibosh on my fishing this summer so far,,,,but I dont feel so bad as you guys are all getting skunked!!! :happy: :peace:

I'm still jealous of just getting out though,,,,,

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I love being on the water no matter what, fish or no fish. But it sure does make things exciting! My Dad has only been out fishing 3 times since we moved from Terrace in 1989 and all three times was with me and skunked each time. At least this time we had some sort of hit on the rod in the morning, but that was short lived.

I am going to try and get out every weekend until one finally takes the spin n glo. This is going to get expensive ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Guess its only a matter of time ST,,,,its the old patience game this year so far I guess. Ya the price per pound sure goes up at that rate but hey like you said, its just cool being on the water :thumbup:.

Here fishey-fishey,,,,

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fairly new to tjis bar fishin'....been out 5-6 times so far this year....have had 4-5 hits, but that is it.... :wallbash:

Sorry to say it, but I am happy to see others in the same boat....must mean that we might be doing it right. ???

Mike

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll watch today when I'm out....Going up around Spaghetti to do a bit of sturgie fishing and then same bar fishing from the boat.....
Maybe some sleeping too if the fish allow it ,,it was a long nightshift last night.... :pissed:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Well?.....................Were the sturgies co operating.?...I hear they are schooled in some locations waiting for the pinks to arrive. On the weekend several boats hit double digits...Ortho 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bar fishing is new for me thisa year, but my buddy new a location and we,ve been out twice. I've hit fish both times and landed one. Haven't been out for 2 1/2 weeks though. Looking forward to Sunday. Tight lines.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
reelangler said:
Cool video...

To all those guys that were at the fishout, notice how there likely wasnt much doubling over there or any aggressive strikes to cause that... myth busted!
Yeah but did you see the size of the egg sack on there :eek: :eek: With the smaller sacks that we were using the first bite would have pierced the fishes mouth, it would have turned and ran, then the rod tip would have been doubled over!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
yes but if u saw that when they did mouth the bait they bit it in the tip of their mouth, but when u saw that one that got hooked it was right in the side of the mouth, mabey even down its throught the way all the juices were flowing out. And remember the fraser has alot of little coarse fish, suckers and squawfish. i want a good size piece of roe so when a spring does come by the hook still has some roe left on it. And all those fish were good sized. I really want the video that they're coming out with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.