BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple and easy way to make your own bar rod holder. i know alot of guys do this already, but this is for those who haven't. all you need is a 3-4 foot piece of rebar, 8 inches of inch and a half abs pipe and 2 2inch hose clamps. simply clamp the abs pipe to the top end of the rebar and you are set. simple and cheap. good for the dutchmen like me. actually i was in a pinch the other day and did not have any rebar handy so i used an old golf club handle with the head cut off and this worked just fine too. just dont let the wife know you used her clubs that are collecting dust anyways. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I've seen this very design more than a few times. You should market this unit with a brand name
you know branding is all the rage these days.

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Drill a hole thru the ABS about an inch up from the bottom and put a bolt thru it with a washer and nut on the outside. That way the rod butt stops at the bolt. I've seen far too many guys over the years yank their rods out of the holder only to pull it out of the ground too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have some aluminum ones I made now and I find they are ok as long as I work them in by hand. If you hammer them in the point gets squirrly in a hurry and they bend and such...can't abuse them like the steel ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I made mine out of a steel fence post, a piece of 2" abs and a couple of gear clamps. The pipe doesnt wiggle at all it doesnt pull out easily and you can beat the heck out of it without wrecking the point. I had to cut the point myself i used a hack saw it took me about 10-15mins to cut by hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.