BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yes sir, they've been getting a few down in the mid-lower area! I heard its mainly the plunkers nabbing the fish though (barfing from the boat) those bars will be khaos this weekend as they are the only productive bars out of water :mad: I'm getting the itch!

Mike <"))))><

·
Registered
587 Posts
mid-lower of where? I know of two caught up towards the bridge.

·
Registered
587 Posts
any decent bars out?....i saw some people in the trees when I was on a test but I don't think I could last very long in the trees with the number of skeeters out now

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Your right Mike .......... they have been getting a couple, not by barfishing though but by plunking as you so kindly refer to it. I don't use that method fishing for Springs but I will be out this weekend for sure bar rod(s) ready and waiting. :yummy:

Heard from a friend that his group caught 2 (2 people) and they saw another group of 4 people hook into 3. And yes, they were "plunking" as you call it. :wallbash:

Don't forget the OFF and to soak yourself good as there are lots and lots of flying biters out there. Things can only get better as the weeks go on.

Monday I'm off to Homestead in Lynden for a free round of golf. :thumbup:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To set the record straight, PLUNKING is the American name for bar fishing= Set line stationary Fishing with a lure or bait.
I fished 2 days now for SHINOOKS and nothing. Saw 1 jump clear out of the water right beside the boat though.

Also saw driftnetters working Ferry island hard, but they were not advertising their catch.

Definately alot more current than normal still and a heck of alot of water.Bring your biggest anchor, your largest sound emitting lures and lots of scent.

Should be a good push of nooks any day now.

Anyone have info about the Albion test fishery?, it was a good tool.

Hello Steve, good to see you posting on here :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Terms are terms, I call it plunking as you only cast half the distance, more of a plunk out there than a bomb out there.....GOFISH, GOMIKEISH bar should be producing some dandy springs this year ;) I hope the high water cleaned out that trough to make it a little deeper as man, there will be fish slayed in there! :yummy: I think I'm gonna wait until next week before sneaking out to the river. Hopefully there is some room there now, if not next week!

Mike <"))))><

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
GOMIKEISH bar should be producing some dandy springs this year
Hey Mike, I didn't see you stick a flag in the ground there and name that bar. :happy: :happy:

Can't wait to get back up there, don't like being confined to a boat plunking for springs, do enough of that while Sturgeon fishing. For those that were confused, thanks for the fishing dictionary definition Rod.

Gimme a chair, my cooler, some shade (man made on most bars), some room to stretch out my legs, some room to roam, and of course the most important my rod and gear and I'm a happy week-end camper. Oh, and you gotta have the right company. I'm sure you know what I mean Mike.

I'm sure the trough will be just fine :thumbup: or at least I sure hope so. There sure were a lot of nice springs hauled out from there last year ...... weren't there? :beerchug: A little deeper trough would be nice, but not too deep as it was almost perfect last year.

Maybe see you up there this weekend, if not next. :cheers:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bent Rod said:
To set the record straight, PLUNKING is the American name for bar fishing= Set line stationary Fishing with a lure or bait.
I fished 2 days now for SHINOOKS and nothing. Saw 1 jump clear out of the water right beside the boat though.

Also saw driftnetters working Ferry island hard, but they were not advertising their catch.

Definately alot more current than normal still and a heck of alot of water.Bring your biggest anchor, your largest sound emitting lures and lots of scent.

Should be a good push of nooks any day now.

Anyone have info about the Albion test fishery?, it was a good tool.

Hello Steve, good to see you posting on here :thumbup:.
Wasn't the Albion Test Fishery disbanded due to lack of funding??
Thought I heard something like that a while back.
There isn't any data on the site for it since Jan 2007, as far as I went back.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Albion is done for now, as the Gov passed a law saying that organizations could not sell the fish caught to support their organization....blah blah blah....this is also why so many things are screwed up in the fishing world....so ass backwards.... :mad:

Mike <"))))><

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
That was overturned Mike and I believe the Albion guy IS netting for the test again, just haven't seen any updates on the site.

One of the best tools for planning where to BARF(bar fishing). When a big push of nooks is registered at Albion they are usually 1 to 2 days away from Chilliwack and another for Spaghetti(snag lodge) to Seabird area, rough guidelines but they can be effective.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Good to hear Bent Rod, I've been out of the "bubble" for a while and I didn't know that they "overturned" that law. The albion test fishery was an awsome tool! Can't wait to have it back!

Snag Lodge ;D lol

Mike <"))))><

·
Registered
587 Posts
hey Rod :cheers:

may be a good note here that with the early stuarts running right now that selective fishing methods are a must!! and there is no argument in the world that would make snagging a selective fishery method, so any bouncers out there should cut it out until sockeye are open! if there are not enough numbers down the road this could affect all fishing while endagered runs are in. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Message deleted for spaming!

3. Spamming: There will be no promotion of any website; ie, sales, marketing, business, etc unless approved my admin or moderators, period! Posting links to websites with appropriate info related to a topic is ok! Most of you know what I am talking about! Anything else, no warnings, happens once and you are shown the door!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I find it amusing that your only input again Young Gun is to advertise for Steveston Marine. Maybe Berg should open a "Free Business Ad" section (or you should start a post) to satisfy your need to constantly let us know who you now work for.

Looks like I'll be out on Saturday and Sunday for sure Mike. May check out GOMIKEISH bar :peace: just to satisfy my curiosity. :happy:

Sure got the itch to get a rod in the water after 3 weeks of travel and work.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would think with the amount of fish that have been caught by b.b.cers and the water dropping the way it has that bar fishing (or other methods other than b.b.) should reely start to pick up within the next couple of days !!!!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I got monday lined up for myself. Might hit the Vedder first then over to the big flow. Trying to talk a good buddy into taking me out on his nice boat rather than my putt-putt :thumbup: Not that there's anything wrong with it. :cheers:

And Gofish good call on the cheap free advertising going on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.