BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to the Broken Group in Barkley sound next week for a boating holiday, and was wondering if there are any fishing reports. Is there any fish at Swale Rock or Meares Buff yet. Any info would be appreciated.

· Registered
759 Posts
Buddy just got back.

Heard 5 and 7 mile were good.

However, no need to go that far...Kirby was supposed to be very good---the inside has plenty of opportunties now as the fish are showing up.

He's headed up again next weekend with a truckload of friends.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

I fished 7 mile and big bank July 14 and 15 and we just caught feeders under 20 lbs. None of the three guide boat we were with caught any migrating Springs. I'm hoping they are just a little late.

· Registered
22 Posts
Springs

I was out at 5 and 7 mile bank in the first week of July.
Found lots fish under 20 too. Did manage to keep a 30 and one just a bit smaller though.
Loads of Coho aswell. I was talking with the woman/wharfinger at the gas dock in Bamfield the other day.
A couple over 30 have come in from Kirby Point and some bigger ones are starting to show up all over.
"Just, not very many" is what she said.

I'm Going up this weekend so I'll let you know whats happening.

Me

· Registered
7 Posts
fished the area around Kirby, Folger, Sanford and then up to Diplock, really slow day. Talked to a couple of guys that had been out for 4 days and barely a fish to be seen. The word is that the fish are still offshore.

· Registered
22 Posts
This weekend in Bamfield

The Bamfield Volunteer Fire Department is holding the annual Fishing Derby & Dance this weekend.
Always a great time. I've heard the road is in pretty good shape too..

Hope to see you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.