BC Fishing Reports banner

what are your thoughts on bass in rivers and other waters in the lower mainland?

• bass are ok in the L.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bass are not ok in the L.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bass don't belong here but they are here to stay. Unless we kill off everything we are not going to eradicate them. And the fisherman killing their catch just because they don't belong here isn't going to get rid of them either. So unless there is 100% scientific proof that the Bass are killing off our native species I say calm down and enjoy the fishery. In this country we are innocent until proven guilty well......... the fish live here too.

·
Registered
694 Posts
We should get a section "c" in the fishing regs to match up with the hunting regs, it would make this whole discussion go alot better :cheers:

treat 'em like the bullfrogs

·
Banned
935 Posts
I agree bass don't belong in the Fraser system lakes like Mill lake and Hatzic lake I have no problem with they are suited for bass more than salmonids. I think that Fisheries should come clean though about just how they got here in the lower mainland I think they know.

How can a fishery as spread out as everyone says they are go unnoticed for so many years? :confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
noxcape said:
I agree bass don't belong in the Fraser system lakes like Mill lake and Hatzic lake I have no problem with they are suited for bass more than salmonids. I think that Fisheries should come clean though about just how they got here in the lower mainland I think they know.

How can a fishery as spread out as everyone says they are go unnoticed for so many years? :confused:
Hatzic empties into the Fraser. Anymore bright ideas ::)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Kill'em all!

They don't belong here and will fu#$ it all up if we don't kill'em all!

Hotrod

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't think they belong here in the LM but what can you do they are here now and are rarely fished so their population is sure to increase every year.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll agree that Bass should not be a supported species in this province by any government agency. As long as they are there though, more should be done to encourage the deliberate fishing for them. In the colder water Bass are fairly good table fare, not so much in the heat of summer though. Just fry them in butter or oil with a batter of your choice,,,yummy :yummy:,, get out yer spinnerbaits,,,,

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Well, I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to fisheries management...so I won't offer my personal opinion on that one. BUT...many people regard Brian Chan as almost a diety when it comes to fish...and he seems to think that the illegal stocking of Bass has negatively and significantly impacted salmonids...so I'll go with the expert.

Anybody doing illegal stocking should be strung up on a tree. :mad: If you really love bass that much, move to the Southern States.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What I don't understand, as I never chosen to ask or research, do people catch them else where and then transport them to
'their lake'? How many do you need to relocate in a season for the species to take hold? Can a dozen or so do it? Or do they have to make a concerted effort over the season to relocate a large number?

Seems ridiculous to me, guess thats why I know nothing about it never mind actually doing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts