BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any one out there has gotten out lately or is intrested in getting together to fish for bass even if your a first timer i would love to get out and teach someone the ropes or ahve someone teach me some new stuff

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
where are you thinking of Bass fishing im not very familiar with bass and/or locations

would be fun to get some on the fly i bet

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never really caught any bass on the fly i ahve heard its blast thou there are tons of lakes in the lower mainland that ahve bass one of the best ones ive being to laltley is silvermere jsut outside of mission huge fish in there i caught a 5 pounder on fathers day and the day before my buddy caught a six pounder

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you have got to be kidding me

i have not actually fished that lake and only thought there were a select few with bass in them

what is a good technique to get bass

thank for info

HOOK

·
Registered
21 Posts
I regularly fish for Bass on the fly but I don't live near the lower mainland so I can't talk specifics.
(in fact I'm heading to Christina Lake today to try it out).

Most often I use some type of surface Popper or big dry fly.

I'm not a big fan of the so called "bass" flys that a lot of stores sell.

I usually tie a dry trout fly and make it bigger (usually a longer shank)

I had lots of luck last year with a white tom thumb fly.

Just through the fly onto so weed cover. Let it sit for a bit then start twitching it in.

You don't need a very long leader since bass aren't spooked the way trout are.

BTW, this is specific to large mouth bass. I hear small mouth like leech patterns fished along weed edges.

When I'm too lazy to flyfish - I use spinner baits (black seems the best so far this year) or any
surface lure.

Hope this helps.
Nick

·
Registered
347 Posts
No help here on bass on the fly. However, with lite spinning gear and my preference of a top water buzz bait(white) or a weekless top water frog (dark green). Work the buzz bait in pretty open water and rather fast, work the frog in junk(lillie pads, weeds, moss, etc.) and very slow. Lot of fun catching on top water. Just got back from 2 days of fishing here (C and R) 2 of us caught app 16-20 at 2-4 lbs each (black bass or also called large mouth bass). I am learning about fishing in B. C. with you guys, 2 prior trips and 1 on the way, but I have been bass fishing for many years, drop me a note if you want more info, etc. I do not fish the tournaments or big lakes with all the crowds, not my bag. Thanks. Salt.

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is dave mercers hes a good shit the boat you see him fishing on my buddy bought it last fall ive fished out it it a sweet ride man

D

·
0 Posts
Molson Lake In abbotsford by the airport has Bass, seen a guy fly fish for them with a small green leach patern and he was getting them like crazy biggest i saw was 2 pounds around there, he just walkd around the lake casting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to find some smallmouth bass

Anybody around here know where yuo can catch some small mouth bass? All I here are largemouth? The Victoria island seems the best place?

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey nickh....my bro inlaw has a cabin up there...was there two weeks or so ago and caught
50bass......all small but fun...on spinning gear..we also snowmobile there lots...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi BigJoe,

I haven't been out in ages. Glad to see your bro inlaw got lots of bass.

I'm hoping to get out at least a few times more before ice up.

Nick

·
Banned
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ossoyyos lake and skaha lake and vasauex lake all in the okanagan have some huge smallies i was there last weekend anfd cuaght a four pounder and the island most of the lakes there ahve smallies elk prospect shawnigan long all ahve some nice smallies

1 - 14 of 14 Posts