BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would it take to get a 2007 BCFR calender up and going? I myself do not have the skills to get er going but i'm sure someone in here does? This probably should have been brought up months ago, but i thought it would be an awesome idea! How would we get the ball rolling?

C.K.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Re: BCFR 2007 Calender?

I'm not so keen on the idea... to see our member in swim suit? :eek: I shiver at the thought.
Actually, I think it a good idea. I think theres gotta be some software or template that come with digital cameras to make a simple on we could down load and print our. Kinko's or Office Depot may have something where you could bring in the photos on disk and they print em' out.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

That is a great idea, we could use both scenic pics and fishy shots.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

I have made family photo calenders in the past for family. London Drugs puts together the ringed spine type, but it's been a few years since I've done one, so I don't know the current cost. I'm guessing 20 bucks? Simpley drop off the 12 desired photos with captions, and they do the rest. However for this idea you may want something that looks a little more proffesional. With a hard spine, picture captions ect.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts

that would be awsome..I would be interested for sure!!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts

Good idea just like the decals everyone wants one then once a guy puts the time in to make them only a few "really wanted " them, it not only takes time but money and well who gets stuck with the bill, yup the nice guy, like I said great idea but sorry not interested in putting one together.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

Only way that a calender would be feasible would be to take advance orders & payment. As Roscoe stated ..... lots of people say they want one until someone (like him) puts the money out ...... then all of a sudden where did everyone go???

Wonder how many would still want one knowing the $$$$$

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

roscoe-pco said:
Good idea just like the decals everyone wants one then once a guy puts the time in to make them only a few "really wanted " them
Well I tried to get mine but someone had to leave the fishout ;), that and just plain laziness. Do you still have them, I still want at least 3 decals from ya.

As for the calender, there would have to be pre-orders for sure, as Gofish stated. Still someone would have to put in some time to find out what the costs would be in making them. As for the pics in the calender I would say they would get entered by submissions and then get voted in.

Hmmmm....I can make a few calls tomorrow to get some prelim prices if anyone is still interested.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i'm in! i'll look into see who makes calenders with pictures that we take, and i'll give ya the heads up on what i find out cost wise!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

ok ok ok now i would like to know if i'm looking to create a 12 month calender or an 18 month calender? 18 would be cool but a bit pricey? let me know what you think?
And the pictures could be submited my fellow members and Mods!
C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

I might suggest an 18 month, seeing as how it is already January.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I agree as well Travis! I've put alot of thought into this and 18 month would be the way to go with this calender! This is something i've wanted to try(fishing calender)for a while now! The cover of the calender should maybe i'm thinking be the logo for BCFR? If i see enough intrest in the calender i'd get on palnning what pictures to submit for the calender! If it does go through think half the money should be put up by members who wish to purchase one or more of what will soon be one of the greatest calenders of all time!
C.K.

·
Registered
886 Posts

I'll buy one ;D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

I'd buy one too .... problem is it may be $$$$ expensive $$$$ to get say 30 - 50 done. Let us know how you make out.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

This is a great idea. :D Who ever ends up with this task( if they have the time ),pre pay orders are the only way to go. It'll save a lot of headaches. It also may be a good idea to ask permission from Bergler to use the BCFR logo as a title page. I'm sure he would have no problem with it, but it still is his logo. As for pictures set some quality guide lines for submissions. For us amateur ;) photographers not much under a 4 mega pixel quality will be crystal clear and sharp when blown up to calender size. roughly 8x10 or a bit larger. So the photos should to be top notch quality. Other wise they won't turn out. Anyhow just a few thoughts.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I have a place in mind on making custom calenders but i NEED to know how many people are intrested so i can place an order! the more people that order the cheaper i can get them for or so i'm told! I'll post the cost of there price sheet and we'll go from there!
I'm taking 2-3 for sure!
C.K.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts