BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
The other forum reports that there are pinks starting to in the Campbell River but not in big numbers. Another report stated they fished Nile Creek beach on Tuesday and caught nothing but seaweed. I'll be there Friday and will let you know what I see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pinks

I fished the Campbell last week and caught some nice pinks. The fish are scattered throughout the river but concentrated from the logging bridge down to the mouth. Some fish have been showing around Salmon Point and the Campbell river shorelines. should be beginning to show at Nile and Oyster. tight lines

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Checked out Nile on Friday evening andno sign of any pinks. Does anyone know when the best time to fish is, high tide, low tide.......etc.

·
Registered
233 Posts
do u guys use weighted flies and floating line, or sink tips? and if so, what kind of sink tips.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The flood is best for the river. It brings them up in to the system and in to the estuary or mouth of the river. If you are fishing the actual river, you'll find a certain amount of time after the flood, will put you into fresh fish obviously depending on how long it takes them to travel upstream. I use a full sink but lots of guys run sink tips. I run a clear fly line to avoid spooking the coho or pinks. Whether or not I use weighted flys depends on the depth of the run or estuary I am fishing.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
I fished the mouth of Nile Creek on Sunday evening and the pinks were jumping all night long. Hundreds of them jumping about 100 feet from the shore but I didn't see any hooked, played or landed. I imagine we need a good rain to get the bite going.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ru you casting flies Green Machine or throwing spoons is a 7 line heavy enough( wf sinker)or do I need a 8 or 9 I want to start fishing summers with the flyrod so I need a line and reel anyway my dad gave me a beautiful 8 or 9 weight loomis rod im dying to try it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Match the weight of the line to your rod ideally. However I fish a Sage XP in a 7 weight and it fishes best with an 8 weight line as the XP line is recommnded to be loaded one weight up. Check the loomis site or email them for recommendations. To answer your question a 7 weight is enough for pinks and is ideal for a wicked scrap for the later coho! They are hitting fish off the Nile and the Oyster as of last night for sure.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
They are hitting fish off the Nile and the Oyster as of last night for sure
Was there again last night and the water was quite choppy so it was difficult to fish without getting a lot of seaweed caught on your line. No luck even though they were still jumping!

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Fished Nile again on my last night on vacation in Qualicum. This time went a little earlier in the afternoon and there were about 8 anglers including one in a kayak who was a fisheries biologist for the DFO. We saw a few jump but nothing compared to the previous outings. I didn't see any hooked, played or landed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts