BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! I just moved to Burnaby and I want to go fish a beach somewhere. From what I hear, Ill probably only catch dogfish (sharks, bulls etc.) but I just wanna give it a shot.

What beach do you guys recommend??

what should I use?

I have tons of saltwater gear, but not sure if I should use bait or lures. If the answers is: lures - Any suggestions???

tight lines

·
Banned
189 Posts
You're right there are no Salmon within casting distance, or very few I have at times caught small Coho off Ambleside in late April into May there's a run of tiny fish that return at that time.

So head down to Ambleside and fire away!

Small spoons/spinners is the way to go but with the big tides we're having be careful don't head out to the bar @ the mouth of the Cap because by the time you realise the tide has turned/you're cut off you'll have to swim back. ::)

·
Registered
304 Posts
One of my friends very often fishing from the rocks next to Maritime Museum.
Most of the time he catch some dogfish. He use shrimp for bait.

Good luck,

B.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Late June-July, casting 1" pink Buzz-Bomb from the shore of Cates Park in North Vancouver is very popular for pink salmon.
There will be a good pink run this year.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Dogbreath said:
You're right there are no Salmon within casting distance, or very few I have at times caught small Coho off Ambleside in late April into May there's a run of tiny fish that return at that time.

So head down to Ambleside and fire away!

Small spoons/spinners is the way to go but with the big tides we're having be careful don't head out to the bar @ the mouth of the Cap because by the time you realise the tide has turned/you're cut off you'll have to swim back. ::)
And the seawall in stanley park as well with the same gear mentioned above!

C.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts