BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
243 Posts
Could have been an otter. There was a family of otters hanging around the mouth late in the summer and into the fall. A few years back I saw a dead otter on the #1 bridge going over the Vedder although I have no idea what an otter was doing on the bridge instead of down by the water.

Eagle, no bears in the canal area, if it was close to where the other pic was taken

Not true. I've seen bear tracks down in the canal area many times over the years in the Yarrow area and lots down by the mouth.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That first print looks like a pretty big bear!..........................it's all making sense now. He would gotta away with it too ,if it wasn't for you medalin kids! :happy:

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hotrod said:
That first print looks like a pretty big bear!..........................it's all making sense now. He would gotta away with it too ,if it wasn't for you medalin kids! :happy:

Hotrod
Love the quote from scoby doo! :thumbup:

CK

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Maybe C+R'ed one too many times and weakened enough to be an easy target for a predator of some kind?

Who knows, I think an otter would be the best bet.

Nice spinner caught fish, thanks for sharing the photos

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Shane said:
fyrslyer said:
Eagle, no bears in the canal area, if it was close to where the other pic was taken
NO BEARS IN THE CANAL AREA??? Umm yes there is! These pics were taken over 4 months a part.

Lower Canal:

Mid Canal:
SORRY THAT WAS ME WALKING AGAIN :happy:

GOOD TO SEE THERE ARE SOME HEALTHY LOOKING FISH IN THE SYSTEM! THNX FOR THE REPORT BRITGUY

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Seen some BIG AZZ bear prints down near the mouth while doing the business, makes ya get that job done quickly, I swear they coulda been grizz prints, they were only slightly showing claw though.

I also think a eagle could easily pick off a steelhead and saw one eating a steelhead in another local river, we spooked it off and got pics of the half eaten carcass. In this river and how far up it was it could only have been a eagle or a otter that could have gotten it and possibly a Sasquatch, but they seem to have moved out of this valley lately.

The Vedder fish could easily have been a sport caught mortality with the way they have been holding up in certain areas and probably getting caught a little too often.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There definately are some big bears roaming around the vedder and judging by the shape they were in id say they are eating well,had a real big bruin get a little to close to me and my son during coho season, thought i was going to have to use the bear spray but thankfully he had more important things on his mind than eating a couple of fisherman.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
There has been one spotted on the Allouette as well. I guess they like this warm weather as much as we do. I better get out the bear spray for my next trip out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.