BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have caught most of my fish casting spoons on the fraser for pink,chum, and coho. I've tried drift fishing the vedder for salmon also with much less success. I would love to get into a steelhead but I'm not sure which method and location would be best to start with. I have waders, a 10.5 ft. ProTac rod with a quantum level wind reel, as well as an 8ft. spinning rod set up that I use for chuckin spoons and spinners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This forum has more knowledge than any other source period. :cheers:

·
Registered
901 Posts
use your 10.5ft rod with a float set up... use pink worms or bait if u have it...
as for area... WALK... dont stay around a run too long... the best way to find good runs is to walk. watch the better rods and learn from them.

·
Registered
507 Posts
salmon slayer said:
I have caught most of my fish casting spoons on the fraser for pink,chum, and coho. I've tried drift fishing the vedder for salmon also with much less success. I would love to get into a steelhead but I'm not sure which method and location would be best to start with. I have waders, a 10.5 ft. ProTac rod with a quantum level wind reel, as well as an 8ft. spinning rod set up that I use for chuckin spoons and spinners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This forum has more knowledge than any other source period. :cheers:
Hey slayer,buddy, asked the same question about two weeks ago,guess what, ater many hours of studying 6 days on the water,got two under my belt.My advice, first couple of times watch what other experianced steelhead anglers do, keep an eye on the water, the fish will show it self sometimes,try to fish a water near where you live so you can spend as much time there to learn how to read the river to find as much holding water where the fish will rest,switch your lure around,diferrent worms,jigs or what ever you prefer, that is what I did and scored.Whish you good luck out there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't make the same mistake that I did. I thought that you had to stand in water up to your thighs in order to catch fish(this was an observation I made watching other anglers,who by the way were not catching fish. But it looked cool.)But one day I tripped and fell in the river, so I thought there has got to be a better way than this. After I got changed I went back to the river and was approached by an angler who saw the whole thing and he said , yes there is an easier way and you dont have to go into the water, because the fish are swimming behind you. And you know, he was right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.