BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out this morning and was on the water about 630. there were lots of boats out and i got in line with them and didnt see much happening with others and no stikes myself so decided to break away from the pack and fish in a little shallower water 70-80 ft. between bell bouy and last marker on spanish banks had a good hit that released from the clip but fish was gone pretty quick. brought that line in to add fresh chovie when bang other rodwith no flasher just chovie starts peeling out line and fight was on.had buddy clear other rod out and bring up downrigger ball out of the water (lost a nice one the other night on ball :wallbash:) and played this fish.peeled off line turned around and came back towards boat with me reeling frantically to keep tension on. about 10 mins. later got him close and he jumped clear out of the water had a little run but i kept him close. had buddy ready with net got him close and buddy hauled him out. barely. he was bigger than my net. end result 33lb red spring and my first hog on my boat :thumbup: must learn how to post pic

·
Registered
816 Posts
The line down from that will show the fish without a link. However, that is a great fish. Good job. I've yet to hit a fish like that around here. Angery I would be if I didn't have Chinook smell on me. In the morning I'll be out there morganic. Good luck.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya pippen. I live by kits pool and the photos are at my folks up dunbar. its easier to clean the few fish i do catch in their yard than my aprtment. whats your boat i'll look for you on the water. I'll be out friday and sunday for the afternoon flood for sure. I'm on a 17 1/2 ft stratacraft with 90 mariner. 1 eletric and 1 manual downrigger although may be 2 electric by the weekend. good luck out there
morganic

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Morganic...

I live up towards Blenheim and Broadway.....so ya......"in the hood".

I am boatless right now, but looking to buy something. Been out with BigJay on his inflatable and usually out on a blue hulled 36' Wellcraft with a 'half tower' and hard top on it. You usually can't miss it when out there.......

Unfortunately likely not out this weekend due to a friend's wedding going on this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.