BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a nice morning out there. saw one guy haul in about and 18lbr I would say. Interestingly enough we were getting sick around 130 or so and were trying to pull the lines up and inbetween getting tossed around a nice jack managed to pop the downrigger. anybody else out and about today? cheers

· Registered
759 Posts
More than "a few" fish to be found out there for those who know what they were doing...and that's all I'm going to say about that. Of the 40 something boats fishing the area...most were fishing in the WRONG area. In addition, if the idiots were fishing away from the people who knew what they were doing, more fish would have been caught by those who knew what they were doing!!!!!

4 observations...

1. WHY the HELL are you using 4 foot leaders on your hootchies trolling at 1 mph?
2. WHY are you trolling in a North South direction when you need to be trolling East West?
3. WHY crowd other boats who are obviously catching fish? Catch your own fish and fish your own water....there are fish there too...assuming you can figure out what 5 things you're doing wrong which are preventing you from getting strikes.
4. If you're going to check your gear around other boats, make damn sure you're not going to interfere with those other boats. If your damn 'chovy in't rolling in the first 2 seconds it hits the water, it's not good enough--so sell your boat and buy your fish at the fish market. It'll save you a lot of money. Take that money and pick up golf...and annoy those people. People go fishing to get away from people like you...among other things....such as catching fish.

Just a few of my frusterations with other boats...

Ridiculous!

:2cents:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if that is a shot at me or my post but I guess we cant all be the worlds greatest fisherman. Unfortunately some of us have other things on our plates that dont let us get out that much. just looking for some positive feedback. cheers.

· Registered
759 Posts
Hey Wopper...

Not a shot at you or your post in any ways. More of a vent of seething annoyance with other individuals on the water this morning.

Which boat were you in? PM me.

· Registered
759 Posts
BCI said:
Was it as lumpy today as it was yesterday midday?

Tough to fish it yesterday alone with the waves and wind blowing me all around when trying to check lines.
Beautiful trolling until about noon when the NW'er picked up.

· Registered
23 Posts
Hey fishinmagician, looks like you were having a bad day...... I can see it being frustrating to have other people cut you off when fishing, but man do you need to chill out..... :pissed:

The ocean is big enough for all of us to share, we all have to start somewhere, I am sure you were no expert your first few times out, especially on a rough sea like today.....

People comes on this forum to share ideas, stories , tricks and have fun.... please do me a favor and find another place to vent your frustrations.

Where is a good moderator when you need one????????? :naughty:

· Registered
606 Posts
Relax girls, everythings good...He said he was venting at people on the water not pointing fingers at anyone on this board..
I've got no problem with giving people a friendly reminder to open their eyes and keep their helm under control...
But that's another story. If you are fishing in tight quarters, pay attention and go with the flow.Plain and simple.
Some people however are of the mind that evryone else need to get out of their way,,unfortunately we run into those types too often and it ruins a nice day if you let it get to you. :-*
A pleasant reminder goes a long way rather than a few yelled curses,but after a few encounters with the same bozzos in an hour I understand firsthand what the word frustration means... :pissed:
Just about got rammed last year by a fellow giving his gal a bit too much attention( ::)) and not at the helm,good for him, bad for us..He and she were rather embarrassed... :happy:

· Registered
232 Posts
I was out today and it was bumpy!!! Caught one shaker on a surface line and had good hit on the downrigger but missed it. Saw a few others out there, did not hear of any fish caught. I will try again on the weekend.

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.