BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.....so I don't have a report, but with all that sunshine I wish I was out there and has something to tell.

I am however headed out tomorrow......just curious how anyone made out today. Colours....depths....chovies or tackle?? :peace:

Thank you my fellow salties!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend as it seems like summer may have just arrived!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Never mind the Cap in the Am and the Pm. I was out ALL afternoon at the Cap for want of calmer water. Started out at the Cap this morn....dead then moved to Pt. Grey. . Very rough this afternoon, and I pounded it HARD.

Head out to the Pt. Grey Bellbuoy and West... . Some pleasant surprises out there this morn but not for me. Had a monster pink in PRIME shape. I know of 8 springs which were caught this morning, at least by those who were forthcoming with information.

Lots of boats, but spreadout. Herring or Chovies, 50 feet to 70 feet on the riggers.

Tight lines Pippen. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
So how big were the rollers off the Bell? Someone on 88a said it was 8ft off Pt Gey at 9am Sat. I heard from someone who barfed off the Cap, that they were around 6 ft off the Cap Sat afternoon.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On Sunday........the 9th......a bit of chop and salmon........ :thumbup:.......pic's to follow. Who would have thought a 10 lb coho would out do a 24lb spring?!?!?!?

hint......salmon like the sound of a bell......and they love anchvoies dressed up in purple/black/chrome.

We should have chucked that friggin purple dinosaur BARNEY out as our "teaser" cuz purple was the color.

Forget hoochies, spoons etc......we had them all down and chovies were the ticket, but we did get one on a green hoochie at 45'.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pippen said:
On Sunday........the 9th......a bit of chop and salmon........ :thumbup:.......pic's to follow. Who would have thought a 13 lb coho would out do a 28lb spring?!?!?!?

hint......salmon like the sound of a bell......and they love anchvoies dressed up in purple/black/chrome.
How Deep ? (thanks...)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pippen said:
Gut.....we had all our hookups and fish landed in 40-50 depth......and EVERY hook up was within' 100 yards of the Bell Buoy.
Thanks.. I was trolling herring.. cut plug @50' .. just not my day I guess. I picked up a few right infront of the north arm last week with herring @60'. What tide seems to be the best at the buoy ? (thanks in advance :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.