BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodday All

I'm heading to Shearwater from Edm, I will be boating from Bella Coola To Shearwater for the last week of june. Any advise on fishing areas? We will be cruising up the dean channel so any info for this route would be appreciated. How about crabs or prawns any hot spots.
I know we are a little early for salmon but there must be resident fish.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
not sure if you are looking at doing any fishing while in Bella coola, but if you are you could try the Atnarko river, depending on your timing, june should have springs. the Atnarko system is on your way in to Bella Coola just before Hagensburg. just be aware of the many Grizzlies in the area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have fished Shearwater area for many years......Its early....but its worth going to the outside down the Seaforth channel to the outside.....can get rough in afternoon....Chaney point and cape swain....had some success with halibut off of Cape Swain just 200 yards off shore....i am normally in this area in July August....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I really need some Hali spots to try out. I thought there would be some areas around shearwater but it's looking like we will be having to make some longer runs if we want the Hali's.
Again thanks to all for the info, I will post a report when we return. Any tips on crabs or prawns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.