BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just returned from the Bell Bouy, I haven't seen that many boats there in ages. Probably 50 or so boats working the area. Obviously word got around that some springs were being caught. I didn't see anything caught till late in the morning. About 10:30 a good bite started, and lots of boats started to hook up.

I got a 15 pound spring at 11:00 at 53 ft on a naked chovie. What a gong show, it made a short run then turned and ran straight back at the boat. I was running 4 lines and it managed to tangle in all the other rods and both downriggers. I couldn't believe I actually managed to land it by handlining it in. With everything in a tangled mess, I figured I had probably used up all my luck for the day and it was a good time to head back.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It just dawned on me why the line didn't snap when it crossed both riggers. I switched to spectra on the riggers a few weeks back. I'm beggining to like the 200 lb power pro line on the riggers more each trip out. Another two thumbs up for braided on riggers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.