BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday the wife had a fish on. It cleared the water 3-4 times. All I saw was it's belly which was a bit orangie red in color. Was this a coho as I think chum and springs are usually white to grey? :hmmm:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Actually.... it may have been a chum. Those things are quite feisty this year and will do a lot of jumping if they are cleaner. I landed one this year that when it jumped looked like it had a red belly but when I brought it in, all I had been seeing was the red bars and it had a white belly.

May have been a coho but COULD have been a chum as well. If you want to get really into it, it could have been a boot of a late red spring too :cheers:

·
Registered
911 Posts
But Chum dont get thier pink belly's till the tiger stripes and true colors show. I would lean towards the ho' theory, If it was a chum and was jumping I'm sure fish or fvr would have been able to ID it from a mile away.
CD

·
Registered
875 Posts
Like someone already stated before... the clean chum also have a redish belly on them. A clean coho will not have an orangy belly, so it was most likely a chum. I got a chromer chum this year that didnt even have bars yet and still had a redish tint to the belly (when it was jumping), but when I got it in the belly was white, maybe just the way the sun hits it ???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.