BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Are you talking about the Trout Dough? I've used it with varying success. I prefer the solid pink and solid green colors, fished 12-14" below a 1/4" split shot. The dough floats so you need something to keep it on the bottom.

Something I've found which works better than the dough are the Extrude eggs (about $8.00 at Canadian Tire). My kids have sometimes outfished me using these when I'm on the fly.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
452 Posts
Is it the same as "power bait" - stinky stuff you ball up and wrap on a bare hook?

· Registered
876 Posts
Daumzilla said:
The 3 inch power bait worms are awesome for trout fishing. I have been using them for years and have never been skunked. I find that the pink and red ones work best. Most days they put up big numbers. :thumbup:
That is soo true, those things work like magic. Im starting to pick up fly-fishing now though so..... Spin casting rods get left at home more and more ;)

· Registered
1,484 Posts
I've gone fly only, so the only spinning rods belong to the kids now. They have 2 pkgs of the worms (pink & natural) but we've never tried them. Definitely going to give them a go when I get back from Hawaii.

· Registered
27 Posts
Never really caught alot with power bait. Had better luck with just pllain old worms. Starting to try flies and like them pretty good. Right now just use a spinning outfit with a bobber and fly. Maybe one of these days I'll have to break down and get a fly-fishing outfit. I think I'll give those power bait wroms a try though. Sounds like they are pretty decent.

· Registered
104 Posts
hey guys,
i just bought some of these plastic worms and later saw this post. what kinds of presentations are you using? i would think to thread them like a night crawler and have a j hook somewhere near the middle. let me know. peace.

· Registered
517 Posts
Daumzilla said:
The 3 inch power bait worms are awesome for trout fishing. I have been using them for years and have never been skunked. I find that the pink and red ones work best. Most days they put up big numbers. :thumbup:
I tried the pink one several times but it looks like they do not work for salmon!

Giuseppe

· Registered
691 Posts
i've used the 4" black ones up at rice lake earlier this year and did okay never tried the other colours ,but did see one guy there useing the power bait nuggets and he seemed to be doing okay as well

· Registered
1,165 Posts
The bigger worms work great for steelhead. As for trout in lakes and that, I just use deli shrimp on the kids hook. The trout just love them. I use the previously frozen ones from save on or super store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.