BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing has been tough so far this week. The Bass I did catch are quality. Some are still fat with eggs. Good time to catch a Giant! I can't wait til tomorow!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love bass fishing and I have been looking for good bass fishing in BC. Thanks for your posts. I have been to Silvermere and was casting from the highway side didn't catch anything. I dont have a boat so I am stuck with shore fishing. Any tips on bait? and bait color? were do you buy your bass bait? When the bass fishing picks up I might try and take my dad out. I have been looking at your rates on your website.

Any tips and suggstions would be nice.

thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Soft plastic lizards work good, worms , creatures, 4" minnows and swim baits as mentioned before. I was in prime bass fishing while i was at school in Missouri. They seemed to like the 6" red and black worms, anything green and 6" green, purple with green flakes usually using a texas rig for me pull reel three times pause and repeat. Worked down there not 100% up here as i find there are more fun things to fish for. Although its hard to not smile when a bass smacks your top water lure.

Thats a pretty nice hog in your profile pic as well OP.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a hard time finding for Bass lures and rubber baits unless I go down to the US and buy them. Any local shops around the coquitlam and towards the valley that might carry bass gear?

Also- Anyone been to Silvermere or Hatzic lake that might have any reports to share?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Down South, top water buzzbaits (many colors I prefer white or black); deeper spinner baits, again I prefer white, black or yellow and black blend. My best is catching at daybreak on a top water buzzbait. Salt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am finding that Yellow and green are working good right now at Silvermere lake. In the morning I find black/red worms get some good strikes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You usually have to let them hit the work and take it a little bit. Because the hook might not hit his lip until he eats it all. He might hit the tail and have have the other bit hanging out of his mouth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I find if I pause for a second before I set the hook the bass has choked the bait back far enough to get the hook in. Even when you cast out your bait let it sink down then reel it in a bit and let it sink and repeat. this gives the bass a chance to get a good strike on the bait well it is sinking. Unless your are doing top action of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts