BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fishing Mike Lake quite a bit lately but want to try something else. What other lakes are in the area (100 km and in) and are small enough to enjoy a day of belly boat fishing? I am looking for something besides the "city" lakes.
Thanks guys!!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you should try out Buntzen it may be a large lake however i have belly boated there lots with good success trolling a black spratley on a dry line (13-15' leader) i just leave from the dock area and head LEFT into the bay and troll back and forth in the middle of the water or close to the shores and get fish everytime (sometimes more than others)

Mike lake is a great little city lake though :thumbup: one good thing about Mike is that its a great fly fishing lake.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Hike a tube into Lindeman, one of the prettiest lakes in the valley.

Wood is a good lake on the other side of the Fraser.

Both hold fish over 18" wich is pretty good for the coast.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have to say that I love to fish up at Woodside in Aggassi. There is a small lake that has cutty and bows in it. The lake as I know it is called Stacy Lake.

It is quite hard to find but worth the effort.

Good luck <"((((< 'n

·
Registered
875 Posts
Stacey lake is great fun :thumbup: It is about 15-20 mins up a road that I would say you need a 4 by 4 for. Quite a bit like Jones Lake Road but I would say a little steeper with a lot more rocks intead of pot-holes. When you get there, the fish are jumping everywhere and it gets quite frustrating because the water is boiling with them and unless you have the right fly, they wont touch it. We finally found the right fly and each landed 15 + fish, as well as lost and missed a lot more on top of that. Biggest one we landed was about 15 inches long, but really fat and well over a pound and a half. I lost one at the boat that was a lot bigger that looked around 2 pnds... but he snapped me off before I could un-hook him. Not many people go up there either so its nice and quite :thumbup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
ED are you ready to let us know what fly??? Or should we try to guess. We have joined this site to try to find out more info in between us fishers... :cheers:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Salmonator said:
ED are you ready to let us know what fly??? Or should we try to guess. We have joined this site to try to find out more info in between us fishers... :cheers:
Wow sorry.... didnt realize I left that out... :wallbash:
We were using mosquitos and other small dry flies (first year fly-fishing lakes, dont really know all the names). Make sure all of your dry flies have Olive in them, the fish didnt want to touch anything else except small flies with a greenish tinge to them until it was darker, then they were hitting almost anything that sat on the surface and looked like food. I also hit 2 trolling Olive Wolly Buggers... landed 2 trolling worms and my friend hit a few on a chroni (not sure what size/colour), as well as a damsel-fly looking pattern. Hope this helps, Good luck :cheers:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to Stacey lake today and had a great day. Lots of fish, fun to get to although kind of hard for the first time. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
875 Posts
How many fish you get into, any new updates on what to get them on... havn't been up since the last time about 2 weeks ago, I wanna go again so bad :happy: Thanks for the report :thumbup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Caught over six, largest 15 inches, most 12 or so. had the best luck trolling and casting a brown halfback with a tail and dark green body but caught fish or had strikes on seven other different flies. The best casting fly was a light green body with deers hair (caddis). I think it was just one of those days where as long as you were putting your fly in the right area they would take it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update on Stacey Lake:

I was up there today for a couple hours only, had troubles finding it. Talked to some loggers that have just started in the area and the gate will be closed at 3 pm on weekdays and closed on weekends due to equipment being left up there.

Nice little lake, rainbows rising all over the place. Caught one 14" on a green fly and my buddies were tossing spoons and caught nothing.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you stay past 3 pm will you be able to get out ??? I was thinking of going maybe tomorrow but would be a waste if only till 3.... were you in a pontoon boat? Most of the time its hard to fish there unless you have a float tube/boat/pontoon boat. Fly fishing is the best way to go, mostly in the green colour and its best to be a dry fly because they seem to hit anything that is sitting on the top.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you stay past 3pm you will be locked in. I was on a Avon 10 foot inflatable and using a green fly. Too bad it's closing so early now that i've found it. :'(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was up at Stacey Lake today. Fishing was OK, got six but sure slower then last week. Saw some forestry guys on my way up and asked them what time the gate closes, they said 5:00, I said are you sure, and they said yes. So I pack up and leave at 4:15 only to find the gate locked. Freaking a bit but luckily a forestry truck pulls up behind me and he has the key. The guys ahead of him locked them in by mistake. Long story short leave by 3:00 just to be safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love to go to this lake. I have not been yet this year but with that gate I don't know that I will ever make it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi All:

Should you have a 4x4, I would say Francis is a good lake, I have caught my limit in 25 min as well relesed about 50 prior noon. 2lbs and up are the norm for me. Havent been up their for over two years as the Caribou has been for me the last few. Try fishing the log area.

Rod

·
Registered
95 Posts
bedheadbean said:
Was up at Stacey Lake today. Fishing was OK, got six but sure slower then last week. Saw some forestry guys on my way up and asked them what time the gate closes, they said 5:00, I said are you sure, and they said yes. So I pack up and leave at 4:15 only to find the gate locked. Freaking a bit but luckily a forestry truck pulls up behind me and he has the key. The guys ahead of him locked them in by mistake. Long story short leave by 3:00 just to be safe.
Anybody been up there lately? What time does the gate open?
I meant to wake up at 5:00 am to go to Mike yesterday but thankfully i slept in cuz the gate to Golden Ears opens at 7 am

check out the rainbow I caught

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts