BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K here we go. I have to replace the impellers on my Kodiak pump, three times a thousand bucks!!!!+++ :wallbash: I've been told I can get a hole new jet for close to the same price if I go to a American turbine, benefits being parts easily available, and one replacement impeller for around four hundred bucks instead of three at a thousand each. I want to hear from anyone who has an informed opinion on the different pumps. Should I replace my impellers, sleeves, bearings and what have you or go for the new jet. By the way I am replacing the bottom of my boat so the labour costs of changing to a different jet are not an issue.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kodiak builds a great pump, and you will not find one that can handle more debris than the Kodiak,Changing the angle of the transom is gonna be a big job if you want the boat to perform properly, why do you need to change all three impellors and wear rings???? typically only the the lead impellor and the wear ring needs to be replaced, If I were you I would have a really good look at the impellors your self before going ahead with it,cleaning up the leading edge should be pretty simple,
Kodiak parts are really easy to get ahold of, and your boat would probably need the AT312 to find similar performance

·
Registered
423 Posts
the 212 is the best hands down next to scott pumps, 212 has great reverse, great hole shot and great debris capabilities... matched with the right impellor it is a very solid package! we typically put the 212 in any boat larger than 20 feet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, dropped my impellers off at TNT today for their guy to have a look at, hopefully he can fix them for me. By the sounds of thing the kodiak may be a better pump for my uses, mostly fraser river fishing, lots of small debris and sand, so if I can't get them fixed I think will bite the bullet and buy them new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts