BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally checked out the skagit . (thanks Hook) :thumbup: I figured I'd be smart, and get there bright and early. So I went out to Hope last night and grabbed a room, and ordered chinese food . (bad move) :-X It was like the broken toilet scene, in Dumb and Dumber ! Hit the river at 5:30 and fished till 11 am. Other than a half a dozen trees, I didn't hook into anything ! I had the river to myself till I was getting ready to leave ! When I got back I stopped in at Micheal and Youngs for some leaders . (see above for half a dozen trees) ;D Buddy at the store told me the best time to fish the Skagit was early afternoon and into the evening . Next time I'll BBQ and sleep in on my couch !! :beerchug:

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
ya our first trip out there we didnt get our first fish until around 8or9 am :confused: the Skagit fish love to sleep in. now we leave Surrey at 7am which puts us on the water fishing around 9-930 am (long drive) and we fish until 6pm ish. I have heard from other guys out there the end of August and through September the fishing get a little tougher as the fish have pricked so many times by then.

Moocher Pm me which spots you tried out, I can tell you which places we were most productive and what worked for us. Glad the directions helped you out.

next time you go up try the hole right under 26mile bridge. We hit a bunch of fish in there the first day out. in the morning and again in the afternoon :thumbup: Man i love that river.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hakai Moocher said:
Finally checked out the skagit . (thanks Hook) :thumbup: I figured I'd be smart, and get there bright and early. So I went out to Hope last night and grabbed a room, and ordered chinese food . (bad move) :-X It was like the broken toilet scene, in Dumb and Dumber ! Hit the river at 5:30 and fished till 11 am. Other than a half a dozen trees, I didn't hook into anything ! I had the river to myself till I was getting ready to leave ! When I got back I stopped in at Micheal and Youngs for some leaders . (see above for half a dozen trees) ;D Buddy at the store told me the best time to fish the Skagit was early afternoon and into the evening . Next time I'll BBQ and sleep in on my couch !! :beerchug:
I enjoyed reading your report Hakai :thumbup:
I always wanted to fish the skagit. Now I know that I can sleep in a little bit. And, for sure it makes sense to sleep there because of the very long drive.
thanks for the report.

G

·
Registered
225 Posts
Was my first time up there last weekend, camped fri night and fished Saturday, was the same for me didn't get into any fish until after noon. Wow what a beautiful spot I am definitely hooked and will be going back next weekend.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
redfin said:
I fished the Skagit in the early spring a couple of years ago without success - is the Fall the only time worth fishing for steelhead? Thanks.
Hopefully you are speaking of he Skagit river on the US side of the border. The Skagit under discussion here is above Ross Lake in the Hope area and is closed from Nov. ! until June 30 yearly. Steelhead are not found in this part of the Skagit (the dam at Ross lake prevents that).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.