BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping on chashing in on the fathers day's sales for some waders. However, I haven't really look to see which are worth getting - I find looking very frustrating, just like public tansit and economy on an airline :wallbash:. I'm looking for breathable one's at a reasaonable price and ok quality as I will most likely use them under ten times or get better ones if they ware out. My biggest thing is fit. Is there a brand that sepecalizes in big sizes? I esspecially need it in the width of legs - I'm a 46' W and 34' L but depending on the cut need to go up to a 50' W to fit my thighs.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
In your case I suggest looking at simms waders....they have a size for pretty much any size or shape....they might have the right size for you....looking in on the cheaper side...you might want to look at the Freestone or blackfoot series...they range from 200-250 dollars respectively...you could also check out the Bare Cutthroat series as they're pretty resonably priced...around 199 on sale.....or around 219 reg...there is many more out there to look at or try on...North River, or Sedge is another bunch of "cheaper" waders...and you have hodgman and pantagonia aswell...the sky is the limit....

Mike <")))><

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would have to agree with Mikey on the Simms. I just picked up a pair a couple weeks ago, they had a lot of sizes. I got the Simms Freestones. The New 2007 ones. They are a really comfortable wader, they look good and are really well priced, at just over $200. Go see Darryl at Reaction if that isn't to far out of your way, he will hook you up and is a great guy. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm all in for Simms! I bought a pair that were 200 dollars or so and they're dong the job and I'm hard on waders.I believe they were the Freestones. I would love to get the new G4 guides for the next steelhead season!

Hotrod

·
Registered
708 Posts
in today's market, fit is everything. There are a lot of decent waders out there but make sure the fit is right, if it's not you could ruin a top end pair of waders in a few hours easily. legs rubbing, etc the material just can't take that.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would recommend Simms I got a pair of guides from M & Y and have no complaints at all. Very comfortable, built in gaurds, durable gortex and lots of sizes. For a couple extra :2cents: well worth it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.
Monday I'm going out to check out some places. Right now the Simms are at the top of my list.
Have fun, Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts