BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone fished either of these lakes? is the drive in really as far as it sounds from the dirctions? :confused: Im thinking of heading this way soon but might save it for the fall it all depends on things. i just thought i would collect some info incase i go soon like i wish to. How do the lakes fish? easy/moderate/tough. I myself done mind moderate to tough but do like it when easy comes on by :beerchug: :happy:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Fished both, it is a pretty long hall to get in there. The lakes are high so there may still be some ice right now.

Calling is "easier" to catch fish with a smaller average size, but Big OK is worth the challenge with a good average fish size.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool

anytips about flies to tie up for them fish? if its still possibly iced maybe i will give until near end of June, would that be to late and hitting the summer doldrums already (dont enjoy fishing this time much :'( )

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its going to take much more than a weekend to figure out Island, it can be a tough nut to crack, let me tell you!!

I heard calling is much easier, and the fish are more plentiful, albeit a smaller size, but much better action for those who don't have much time to spend up that way...

I personally find some sick enjoyment in fishing a lake all day for one fish, but hey that's me ;)

Cheers,
Nicole

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nicole said:
Its going to take much more than a weekend to figure out Island, it can be a tough nut to crack, let me tell you!!

I heard calling is much easier, and the fish are more plentiful, albeit a smaller size, but much better action for those who don't have much time to spend up that way...

I personally find some sick enjoyment in fishing a lake all day for one fish, but hey that's me ;)

Cheers,
Nicole
Exactly and thats why I did not reveal my secret fly. If I posted it on the forum everyone would know and my fun would be over.

Calling has lots of fish in the 1-3lb range and easy to catch. If you go to the far end of the lake you will get bigger fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.