BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted awhile ago about going to big springs fishing resort in rivers inlet.four friends going for a great five days.were to leave on 17 aug. find out today july 31 they are not operating, no notice. my fishing buddy called airline to check on when we would need to be there and what terminal.they told him they were not flying there this season. had to drive to the owners home in richmond to try to get some answers. no notice or anything. all we can hope is we will get our money back!!! going to check on some camping spots on the island next week for fishing. maybe browns bay or port alberni. first time to go to fly in fishing,maybe last. if we get our money back maybe we will try it again next year??? nothing like waiting 6 months for this.well at least my island camping is still on. great fishing everyone!

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
That's too bad. That resort has been around a long time. There was a member on this forum who used to guide for them. I wonder what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It seems that a lot of lodges are feeling the impact of the recession. I was up at Rivers Inlet earlier this year and stayed at Duncanby Lodge - 1st class operation all the way. Great food, great accommodation, great boats, and great staff and the fishing was good too. They may be a little more expensive that some of the other operations in Rivers Inlet but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Big Springs was seized last month by the government for a whole lot $$$ owing. In June Yamaha went up there took all their motors back.

Sad to see another resort get hit by the recession.

Norm, I hope things work out for you.

Cheers

SS

·
Registered
22 Posts
We go to Joe's Salmon lodge in Hakai pass and if you do get your money returned in time I would definately look into booking with them, good lodge and lots of close fishing spots for salmon and Hali's

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're out a lot of $$$ from Big Springs, too. I learned that they have not declared bankruptancy - did you have any luck visiting their home?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Big Springs was seized last month by the government for a whole lot $$$ owing. In June Yamaha went up there took all their motors back.

Sad to see another resort get hit by the recession.

Norm, I hope things work out for you.

Cheers

SS
The government doesn't come in to seize property because of complications due to the recession! The government comes in because of back-taxes or worse non-remittance of GST and PST--this is a obvious case of bad management, bankruptcy is the least of their worries.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It's always a good idea to put your trips on your visa.... pay your visa right away if you like... but that way if anything like this happens - your covered! Hope you get your money back....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went to Renfrew and fished with Island Outfitters on Wed and Thurs. It was very fruitfull. Highly recommend to anybody who wants to catch lots of fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts