BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt sure where to post this.

It is with a heavy heart that I bring news which you may already be aware of.

Bill Otway passed away last night. His family has requested that no flowers be sent but that donations be made to BCWF in Bills honour.

Bill was the single most vocal proponent of the recreational anglers needs and fought to hold both MOE and DFO accountable for their actions for many years. His ability to write incredible articles and books and all that he meant to BCWF and other angling and hunting associations will make his absence so difficult for many of us. However all this pales in comparison to the loss this means for his family and friends. I only knew Bill for a short time but will always treasure the conversations we had and I will always remember and admire his ability to see through the smoke on issues that were important to him. I will miss him.

Please say a prayer for and remember the Otway family at this time.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Truly Saddened to hear this. Even though we knew it was coming, he leaves Mighty Big Shoes to fill behind. He will be missed terribly.

My most sincere condolences to his Family and Friends.

Sadly,
Matt

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Big shoes indeed. I have always had a healthy respect for Mr. Otway and although I never had the priveledge of meeting him, he was highly respected
by me and many others..........with saddness................Ortho

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sad to hear ... another of the hard working advocates for sportsman and fishiers/wildlife management will be truly missed. Worked with Bill on the PWMA. My condolences to his family.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Very sad indeed. I had the pleasure of sitting at the table on some SFAB meetings with him. He was a great fighter for the Rec Fisher's rights. He will be missed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts