BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the fraser on Sunday and boy did I get wet... I got to thinking that maybe I should get a bimini top or maybe even a canvas top if you can get them for smaller boats.... It's a 14' starcraft - http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2509.msg42602#msg42602

I was even thinking about a windshield on hinges that I can bring up when it's raining. It was hard driving it that stuff...

Where is a good place to look forthis kind of stuff?

Thanks

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey Zenyo

The two places that I know of are Brigantine Marine and M&B Marine both of which are in Langley. A buddy of mine got his from M&B for his 14' jon boat and it works great I think it cost about $260.00.

Centerpin

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey roscoe

Do you have any pictures of the top you have and were did you get it

Centerpin

· Registered
696 Posts
I got in touch with Denis out in Langley I believe he does all the tops for Galleon as well did it for me, it's a 3 piece well actually 4 top, back and two sides each can be taken off at any time, plus pull 2 pins and the entire top collapses out of the way, as i said to Denis when he made it the boat goes faster than I can pull it so make it tough and well I've had no problems even on the west coast out in a storm, which we won't do that again!!, I'll get pics as soon as I can, he's maybe not the cheapest but the quality and warranty is worth every penny, 5 year warranty on the canvas and lifetime on workmanship.
I got the top, bow cover (6 feet) and custom boot that the entire boot rolls into and looks like a roll bar all for 800 bucks, any colour with or without rear window your choice. Let me tell ya being out on them cold windy days inside a nice warm boat is priceless, top plus a 49.99 propane heater from crappy tire and I'm good all winter.

· Registered
109 Posts
I should point out that at Brigantine we make strictly to custom. There’s too many variances even in similar boats and, if you add in individual preferences, going custom is the only route. One advantage of this approach is the customer can choose whatever color or material depending on wallet.

One thing about getting a better canvas on your boat and that’s timing. Best time to do canvas work is in the winter months when having it done doesn’t subtract from your other-part-of-the year boating. Plus, being off season, prices reflect that.

A lot can be said about canvas such as material, how it’s stitched and so on and can get quite technical. But what it boils down to is getting most bang for the buck and our view is that route is custom where the boater states his/her preferences and we make to fit that.

Another aspect is seats. Same thing as canvas: get it done off season. Unlike canvas work, you don’t have to bring your boat in so it’s easier. The plus of reupholstering seats (as in canvas that has had it’s day) is you can upgrade to a better material than that which came with the boat. You can replace with better materials that last longer and look good longer – you get a better return on your dollar when things last longer.

If you have any questions about canvas or upholstery, give me a call.

Michael Read, president, Brigantine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.