BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at booking a fly in trip next spring into Bistcho Lake (NW Alberta). Have heard good things about the size and numbers of Pike and Walleye in there. Anyone here ever fish it? if so what was your impression of it?

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be a great bet. I have talked to many that have fished it. There are a lot of medium sized fish ( walleye 3 to 5 pounds and pike 8 to 12 ) Those fish are a lot of fun not to mention the shore lunches will be outa this world !!! On a mid June booking you could expect to catch 40 to 60 fish a day. Tapawingo lodge has a great set up and the prices are very reasonable...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I fished Bistcho almost ten years ago now when I worked in Rainbow Lake. We flew out of High Level and just fished the day. We caught a lot of fish in the class Guru mentioned and lot of them. We went Early June and there was still ice on shore in the shady spots! I have a few contacts in that area still so I'll see what they say about it now but I'm sure it's still great fishing. Not a lot of pressure due to it's location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts