BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
... Pat got the response his post required.;) eman
LoL...and so it would seem, yours did as well eman...

You are obviously another beak who does nothing on the forum but troll in the hockey threads. Contribute something to the forum and maybe then I will consider arguing with you.
You don't know Pat, or most of the other members here, as you are new to our forum, so here's the skinny...

We do cut a lot of slack here in the sports section for obvious reasons, we even allow some heated debate, insults, jabs and ribbings, bar room banter, call it what you will, but...as someone entirely new here, whatever loyalties you have aside, it is in your best interest to remember the banter is accepted by all when it maintains a background level of respect and courtesy, and is relatively good natured. Nobody knows you yet eman, our forum is not a Canuck or Hawk hater or lover forum, or a place to troll for reaction, it's a fishing forum.

We talk hockey to mix things up, and because we love it, but this is still a community you have to be a part of if you want to participate. This means you have to get along with everyone, (for the most part), in all of the other discussions as well. Every members posts reflect their willingness to do that and be a part, or not. You might try the introductions forum here, maybe share some of your fishing experience, etc, and ease into things...it's a great way to say hi and get to know the crowd.

Playoffs just around the corner everyone, good times ahead!

:cheers:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
...As my fishing season get's in gear, I hope to contribute more in the appropriate forums...
LOL...[email protected]#$%^!???? You mean your season is just getting in gear...? It's funny, around here most of the members fishing season never ends, let alone starts again...and here I was thinking your first post on our site was the signal of the start of your "fishing" season...!

My sincere apologies...I guess I will have to...learn to temper my responses. Thanks again Ribby, I appreciate your suggestions.;) eman
Yes, you are welcome eman. I am glad to read between the lines that you got the hint. It would be a shame for myself or the mods to have to start moderating in here on regular basis and ruin everybody's fun just because some newbie to the forum needed to get the last word in with me, or the last dig in at one of the members.

It's always a shame when someone who comes to the site just to troll Canuck fans ends up getting the boot because they figure they can get away with it somehow. We tolerate all kinds here, even Holmes*, but there is a line not to cross, so I am glad you're finally picking up on that.

Go hawks...8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well...now that we have settled that, some congratulations are in order aren't they?

Congrats to the Chicago Blackhawks, this years President's Trophy winners and with one hell of a nice record too, shortened season or not, they are a good team and well deserving of their position at the top of the league this year.

Here's to your Hawk's Holmes*, eman, and all the other Chicago fans here lovin' every minute of it...it's well deserved.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well, that settles it then hawks/bruins final...you know its funny, I'm no hawks fan, bruins either, but as a hockey fan I can certainly appreciate that most of the time when the hawks and nucks play we're in for a game you don't fall asleep in front of, one with some spirit to it, some intensity.

I like those games, the ones that are truly entertaining, fast paced and intense. This is where my appreciation for the hawks comes from and why I commented earlier in this thread. I appreciate the fact that both teams get up for those games, everybody hustles and we see some truly spirited hockey. You have to respect that this is what they bring out of our team and it's fun to watch.

So, again...good on the hawks for going where we couldn't this playoffs. I expect the next series is going to be a pretty damned good one too!

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.