BC Fishing Reports banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Can Rask stay RED hot? LA certainly gave more hell to the Hawks than the Pens did to the Bruins...
Boston in 6

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
First original six stanley cup match up since 1979. And two large market teams as well. Gary Bettman couldn't have had the referees do a better job of getting these teams here. Should be a good old "smash mouth, Hansen brothers" final series.
The conspiracy theory that won't die.

Bettman and his cadre of "crooked officials' weren't the ones who stopped 134 of 136 Pens shots.

They weren't the ones that scored the hat trick in the last Hawks/Kings game.

What is this obsession with officials and the commissioner conspiring to get any particular result?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The conspiracy theory that won't die.

Bettman and his cadre of "crooked officials' weren't the ones who stopped 134 of 136 Pens shots.

They weren't the ones that scored the hat trick in the last Hawks/Kings game.

What is this obsession with officials and the commissioner conspiring to get any particular result?
The conspiracy theory is associated with the "Bettman-ization" of "our (Canadian's)" sport. A lot of Canadians feel that Bettman is trying to turn hockey into basketball on ice and completely Americanize another Canadian sport. I wouldn't spend 10 cents or 10 seconds on NBA, and I don't mind the new view of how hockey should be played (big tough and skilled). What we need though is consistency between the playoffs and regular season. If the new clutch, grab and pound rules in the playoffs are going to be the norm, then let the teams all know so they can bulk up and play that kind of hockey. But to have one set of rules for regular season and another for playoffs, leads one to surmize a collusion. ;-) Personally I think Bettman hates the Canucks soooo much, that he has orchestrated the two teams we hate the most to be in the finals. Heh heh Heh

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Those two teams are simply in a different class than us... it's sad, but true. Playoff hockey is so much different than regular season. Hate both teams, but the hatred I have for the weasel is enough to want the Hawks to sweep! It's just sad they have Jagr on their team, cause I'd love to see him with a cup at his age.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Agree Ken.....I hate that little turd. I don't understand why it is that the Bruins get away with so much cheap crap after the whistle. did you see Chara in the first when he rubbed out Saad or Shaw with his glove in front of the net after the whistle, then turns to the ref to complain? Add him to an arse who I can't stand.....as well as Julien. Actually as I think about it I can't stand a bunch of guys on that team.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Agree Ken.....I hate that little turd. I don't understand why it is that the Bruins get away with so much cheap crap after the whistle. did you see Chara in the first when he rubbed out Saad or Shaw with his glove in front of the net after the whistle, then turns to the ref to complain? Add him to an arse who I can't stand.....as well as Julien. Actually as I think about it I can't stand a bunch of guys on that team.
It's almost as if they get away with it because "oh, they're just the big bad bruins." Go hawks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yah i hate both those teams with a passion. Would rather see that weasel Kane then the scum bag Marchant win the cup.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Congrats to the Hawks. Im in Cicero, Illinois, just south of Chicago, and this town is nuts.
Noise from what I hope are fireworks hasn't stopped since the Cup was hoisted.
Ive never seen traffic this thick, but if we can swing it, we'll try to get into town tonight.
Cheers to the Hawks and their fans.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Chicago is a traffic mess all by itself. THIS didn't help any.
Glad to be home after a week there.

Sports collectible Autograph

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pretty tacky there Davis. Let me no when your team wins the Stanley Cup and I will try not to rain on your parade. This forum is lucky to have holmes* as a member. I don't get the impression that there is much more on this site. No intense offended.;) eman

·
Retired Administrator
4,449 Posts
Pretty tacky there Davis. Let me no when your team wins the Stanley Cup and I will try not to rain on your parade. This forum is lucky to have holmes* as a member. I don't get the impression that there is much more on this site. No intense offended.;) eman
You said you joined this forum to support Holmes, but he as not been around lately, and clearly you are not a fan of our board as stated at least twice in other posts, so I see no reason why you need to be here unless you have something worthwhile to contribute.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts