BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever hiked into this gem of a lake? Apparently it's been stocked a couple times from the late 80's on, but no info after that..
It's located between Stave and Chehalis lakes, we've tried getting in from Statlu Cr. a few times to no avail, here's a photo if you do make it in, notice the spur roads in the background

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hiked it last year, not from Statlu though, PM me for access info. It is a very difficult hike not for the faint of heart, i found only one route in and it had several 6-10 foot drops. It took me 3 hours to go just over a kilometer as the crow flies.

Bring rope, machete, and lots of bug juice. The pics i took were in late AUgust and there was still snow from last year. I got there too late to fish unfortunately so i cant comment on that. Lots of cat sign at the lake as well as some garbage, clean up after yourselves people!

One last note you will need a decent 4x4 or a quad to access the starting point of the "trail".

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hiked it last year, not from Statlu though, PM me for access info. It is a very difficult hike not for the faint of heart, i found only one route in and it had several 6-10 foot drops. It took me 3 hours to go just over a kilometer as the crow flies.

Bring rope, machete, and lots of bug juice. The pics i took were in late AUgust and there was still snow from last year. I got there too late to fish unfortunately so i cant comment on that. Lots of cat sign at the lake as well as some garbage, clean up after yourselves people!

One last note you will need a decent 4x4 or a quad to access the starting point of the "trail".

i’m looking to do this hike this year and I’ve done a lot of research can you let me know your access point?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts