BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is my understanding that you fish a bloodworm like you would a chironomid, that being using a floating line with a tapered leader. You could use a strike indicator to float the bloodworm a foot or so off the bottom, or you could go without an indicator and measure out your leader so the worm floats above bottom. From here a slow hand retrieve is used.
Gman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use bloodworm after very windy day/s as they get swept around and they are at all depths. I generally use type 3 or 4 sinking line with about 10 to 12' leader. This seems particularly effective under these conditions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm starting to really like the full sink line, no indicator set up for deeper water...I measure the depth with hemo's then raise two feet and put a little elect. tape on the line...let the fly down and move it up and down through the zone....Just make sure you hold on tight..as the hits can be both subtle or fierce...Nearly lost my rod when flicking the ash on my stoogie...Total blast!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.