BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new aluminum boat. Something like a 16' Lund with windsheild and steering ect...
Can you guys give me some websites from around BC that sell aluminum boats.
Used or new 12' - 20' any make model ect...
Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GOFISH
Any more?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. However I have checked out all these sites and none of them with the exception of eimaj's, have any way of looking at stock-prices-& modles.
After checking out those Legend boats im really into them now. #1 price is good #2 EXACTLY what im looking for!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree the Legends are good boats and the price is quite good. I however didn't buy one because of the weight, substanially more than the Lund I finally decided on. As I quite often fish by myself, I wanted a good, but lighter boat to haul on and off the trailer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much more lighter are the Lunds and how much more do they cost over the Legends?
I was initially interested in the Lunds but then saw the prices for the Legends but I didnt know about the weight difference. I think my Honda Element could pull either but I really need to make sure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awsome! I hear that a fully loaded Legend Gen-X 16 Extreme on trailer & motor is around 1300lbs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
BC Fisher,
Sorry, have lost my data. But u should be able to look it up on the net. I was looking at the 14 footers. If memory serves correctly, the difference is due to the thickness of the aluminum used for the shell. The Lund is, I think, .62 mil while the Legend was a full 1.0 mil !!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Lighter is definately not always better. I know I almost got the lighter version of my jon boat and am now glad I didn't. I can run that thing at the beach at full speed and just beach it.

I don't recommend this, but on occasion it can be fun :thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoL eimaj ;D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should of posted a link to your thread, I cant seem to find it. Maybe you are under a different name on that site?
Post a link and i'll have a look.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, very nice boat indeed. I will have to consider it.
However im still about a month shy of any sort of purchase at the moment.
Also I can finance a new boat and with yours I dont think you'll take patments! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts