BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any boat wrecking yards in the area (Vancouver/Valley/Washington)? I am looking for an outdrive for my boat but the damn thing was only made for 5 years in the 60's. I was hoping I might be able to find some sort of boat wrecker out there that would have a rebuildable one in thier yard.

· Registered
260 Posts
As I read the link I did a double take....

Popeye Sailor Sex Change.com...?

Then I realized no way...not with the set Jim utilizes on here...those are original equipment.

Can't say them same for everyone else though...

· Registered
584 Posts
what brand and model are you looking for??

· Registered
303 Posts
Steelie Trav said:
Does anyone know of any boat wrecking yards in the area (Vancouver/Valley/Washington)? I am looking for an outdrive for my boat but the damn thing was only made for 5 years in the 60's. I was hoping I might be able to find some sort of boat wrecker out there that would have a rebuildable one in thier yard.
Did you try here:

http://www.sterndrive.info/alpha-one/transom_plate.html

Good luck Trav,
:cheers:
B.

· Registered
584 Posts
do you have more info on the alpha 1 or if it is an alpha drive or M or MR..... a serial number would be great either off of the drive itself or the transom plate. I have access to a bit of a bone yard for merc and some volvo stern drives and depending on exactly what you have (need the serial number for that) I may have a drive for you!

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a pre-alpha leg, Merc I EZ-shift paired to a 1965 110Hp. It has the reverse lock on it. I did find one in Everett for $200, heading down there next weekend to pick it up! That is unless I find one locally but I doubt it will be anywhere near that price!

· Registered
584 Posts
if she is in good shape that is a GREAT deal. just make sure it has the same gear set or else you will have to re-prop.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cascademarine said:
if she is in good shape that is a GREAT deal. just make sure it has the same gear set or else you will have to re-prop.
Well the one I am getting is also from a 110Hp so I can only assume that it has the same gearing. I don't know if it is going to be a bolt on or rebuild but I have lots of parts from mine so either way it is one step closer to the water!

· Registered
584 Posts
it should...you'll find out as soon as you go for a drive...or if the uppers are still in decent shape you may be able to find where the gear ration is stamped on them.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well all went well, I drove down to Everett paid the guy $200 and drove home with a complete outdrive and bell housing uincluding a perfect prop 2 hydrolic pumps and only a small leak from the lower unit prop shaft. Which I already have the new seal kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.