BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had my boat up to Pegleg before and am wondering if it's navigable with an outbourd?

Also, what's the best way to get there; launch at Island 22 and go up, or launch at Pegleg amongst the hords?

G

·
Your choice. Just watch out at the bottom if heading up from 22. Shallow in some spots.

If you do decide to go up and down the channel, wear a helmet, and a life jacket as a bettie proof vest. Believe me you'll need it when the morons start throwing :roll:

Mike <")))))><

· Registered
2,676 Posts
Lund-lubber Posted: Wednesday 30th of August 2006 08
I've never had my boat up to Pegleg before and am wondering if it's navigable with an outbourd?

Also, what's the best way to get there; launch at Island 22 and go up, or launch at Pegleg amongst the hords?
You can launch from Island 22, and Peg is a few minutes up river...Be carefull going through Minto channel it can be a gong show on either side..

Finder :wink:

· Registered
606 Posts
More like a shooting gallery, stocked with bloody fools with little between the ears except a need to cast 4 oz. weights at passing boats .....Be very careful...Many people on the drive in side of Pegleg have no morals about possibly hurting someone...

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the cautionary notes guys, but would I even need to go through the channel? Wouldn't I be better off on the down-river side?

If not, perhaps it's better to go around the north side of the island from the launch, past the mouth of the Harrison, and end up up-river from peg leg???

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ntaggart said:
There are as many fools in boats as far as I see it!(Going through the channel at 60 kms plus)
Some bank fishermen just can't afford boats!
I'm sorry, but could you clarify your point.

Are you saying that hurling a 3oz piece of lead at a boat is justified because the driver is an idiot, too?

Or, are you saying it's justified because many people can't afford a boat that goes that fast and are thus, angry and feel a potential bodily injury or worse, is the requisite action to be taken in these cases?

Just so we're clear.

Thanks.

· Registered
110 Posts
Minto channel is a traditional naviagible body of water.And as such is perfectly legal to run a boat in.
The boats were running the channel before sockeye opened with no problems.Just because there is a sport harvest taking place doesn't mean they have to stop.I used to fish the channel from the drive in side all the time and never felt the need to lob a betty anywhere near a boat.Not only could you injure or kill someone,it is just not the thing to do.
As for the speed,if alot of those boats go slower they throw just an enormous wake.The operators are actually doing you a favour by going by on plane.That being said,there are those out there who are not operating their boats in a safe and curteous manner and I am not condoning their actions.
Last sunday I had a betty wang off the back of my boat.I am lucky it didn't hit me or my senior passenger.I turned the boat around and asked the crowd there who the perpetrator might have been.
Well the language might have been a little more Anglo-Saxon than that,funny thing, out of all those people not one said a word.
Lets show each other a little respect out there.

G

·
ntaggart said:
There are as many fools in boats as far as I see it!(Going through the channel at 60 kms plus)
Some bank fishermen just can't afford boats!
Yes, and some boat fisherman, can't afford to get a bouncing betty flung through their wind shield, getting a hole in the side of their boat, and/or having a loved one/client, hurt/killed by a moron who couldn't wait 10 seconds for a dude driving a jet/boat 60km/h who was doing his/her best to get out of your way as fast and safely as possible! Maybe you'd like him/her to go down 90km/h or make a big tidal wave by going 30km/h and reely push the water. What about those who only have a 14footer with a 9.9 on the back who just crawl up the river? "Hey lets see how many times we can cast at his boat" or "hey guys lets just short cast or not cast till buddy goes by" your choice man.

I think the fools are the ones that are on the hike in side and are chucking weights 3/4 of the way across the river! hello this is sockeye fishing the socks are almost swimming at your feet!

Just wait till someone actually gets hit and hurt by your ridiculous move.

My 6 cents.
Mike <"))))))><

· Registered
606 Posts
Yes they do target boats..Mental midgets with not a care in the world for the potential they have of doing grievous bodily injury....
I stay in the middle of the channel, slow down til I'm almost off step and yet, the friggin jerkoffs still line up my boat and cast at me as I pass.....
Apparently they have never seen how fast a boat can get beached and a royal beating administered by a pissed off boater..
I don't give two hoots about any lame excuses or reasons..If the casters can't hold off casting for 10 or 15 seconds to let a boat calmly motor past them something is definately wrong with the organ that is taking up space between their ears,because it definately isn't being used for its intended purpose...
Whew,,,sorry about the rant, but as you can tell, I have rather strong feelings about preventable stupidity...

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yesterday I was anchored down river from peg leg, just below the launch on the opposite bank.

My friend caught a Spring and we had to drift down to boat it. On the way back up to our anchor, some old fart on the rocky bank literally casts about 30' in front of me (I'm doing 25-30mph) and then had the nerve to act like it was my fault I ran over his line with my prop.

I was dumbfounded.

What can you honestly say to someone like that that thinks I'm in the wrong and wants to argue the point??? There's no point in even starting a conversation with those sorts of people.

· Registered
219 Posts
Ive fished the Peg this year from the shore side simply becaus its easy. What has bothered me the most is the guys in the 22' or 24' jet boats who think they're really cool and want to show off their 60 K investment. I just dont see the value in tearing up the channel only to do a donut in the middle so all seven of your buddies on board (plus the token bikini girl on the back seat)can cheer for you. All this does is burn more gas, kick up a huge wake and makes people aware of how big a douchebag you really are. Its not safe to be doing that out there, go to Cultus lake if you want to screw around. Its not much fun being in a small craft when there is a huge jetboat thundering down on you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.